🐇Act-23🐇

(MAJOR TW FOR THIS, Mention of; gore, body horror, out of body experiences, and death of an animal. You don't need to read this if you're not comfortable.)

The sound of wailing.

The smell of dust.

The feeling of needing to sneeze.

The taste of dry cotton.

When you open your eyes, you're not home. You're not in your cabin, nor are you at Toby's cabin. You're not even at the mansion.

You're there. Back to where it all started. You're neighborhood. Only this time, no one's around.

You look at your watch. Sunday- 9:30 AM. Well, that explains the people being gone- today a new cold stone opened up. But, why am I here? Surely even my parents would have the thought about taking me to this new establishment. Right?

I look back at my watch. Sunday- 7:20 PM. Still no humans to be found. All that's left is me- and possibly that old farmers dog that gets left outside too much.

I can sympathiz with the poor canine. This existing plane I'm in right now, has left me defenceless, scared, and dry.

I look behind me. My watch says it's around dinner time, but the sky is still showing that the sun has risen.

In the road, is another me. It's taller. It's head is covered with a beanie. It looks at me. It's whole face is hidden. It's hands rise to remove their unusual get up.

I blink.

And when I open my eyes, before me stands a child. It's face- or really where it should be, is gone. Instead replaced with what looks like red crayon and oil. The blob moves as if in stop motion.

I don't recognise this child. But I do rember being this child before. But there's no way. I would of never of done whatever this child has. Blood stains it's clothes, the childs hands grasp a tattered dog collar.

Behind them is the open and absolutely gutted dog that gave them such bloody clothes.

I blink.

The dogs remains start to morph. The bones that were once perfusing out of it's skin grow into what looks like wings. The dog stands up. The bones cause the dogs fur to turn into what looks like dried sap.

It takes flight and eats the child's head clean off. No blood comes out, only the smell of rubber and smoke. I watch the child fall. It keeps falling, going inside the gravely road and into what I can only assume is the abyss.

The dog looks at me, hungry. It goes for my neck- pushing me down. I too, fall through the road. Before I do however, the dog licks my face, the residue of my nose, eyes, and mouth being left on it's tounge.

When I do fall, I'm wrapped in a pair of arms.

I open my eyes. The sky is less saturated. I can smell the regular evergreen trees and wet grass. I can hear the mourning birds sing. I can taste the eggo walfes with nutella I had this morning. I feel the body heat of whoever caught me.

"[Nᴀᴍᴇ]! Cᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴍᴇ? Cᴍᴏɴ- ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ!"

You where in fact NOT OKAY. According to Tᴏʙʏ, after breakfast you went upstairs for a nap. Well, that nap turned into 6 hours.

Tᴏʙʏ was practically laying on you. His arms wrapped across your torso.

"Yᴏᴜ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ! Aɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛᴀʀᴛᴇᴅ ғʟᴏᴀᴛɪɴɢ, sᴏ I ᴋɪɴᴅᴀ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʜᴇʟᴅ ᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ. Wʜᴀᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ??"