⃠Act-26⃠

Narrator POV

It was truly impossible to imagine.  You, and Mr. face to face. Well- for technicality you would say that you and Mr. we're facing each other. Probably.

We still have no idea where Mr.'s face is. I should be at the front of his head, but it's missing. Along with many other important features.

Like and nose, a mouth, and even check bones. Think of him as a inflatable waving thing that usually sits outside mattress firms that are actually just money laundering places. Tall, thin, and without a lot of character.

You'd think you'd be worried, but honestly you're fine. He looks so.... sick?

You could perfectly infer him to be related to a deer. However, you sadly know the truth. An old man, slowly dying, only to be left alone to still live on Earth by- uh, you're not quite sure what he eats.

You believe it to be something gross. Something like the many unwanted body parts that get left behind once stuffing a human with alive spiders.

Anyway, let's just say- Mr. is now fully aware of what you're about to do.

However, he's unaware of how you're gonna do it.

"You're out of line on this one."

"I̶'m̶ s̶o̶r̶r̶y̶- w̶h̶a̶t̶?"

"Wait until the forest spirit hears about this... at the next banquet."

"Y̶o̶u̶ w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'t̶."

"Oh! But I would! See this thing on my head? It allows me to speak to others through mind waves. All I'd have to do is get close enough to the forest line and send out a wave."

"I̶ c̶a̶l̶l̶ b̶u̶l̶l̶is̶h̶i̶t̶-"

"You don't get to call anything! I'm not the one in trouble here."

".... W̶h̶a̶t̶ i̶s̶ i̶t̶ t̶h̶a̶t̶ y̶o̶u̶ w̶a̶n̶t̶?"

"Release the kid, and I want you to accompanie me on my next banquet performance."

"U̶n̶b̶e̶l̶i̶e̶v̶a̶b̶l̶e̶. A̶l̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ t̶h̶e̶n̶. A̶s̶ l̶o̶n̶g̶ a̶s̶ I̶ d̶o̶n̶'t̶ h̶a̶v̶e̶ t̶o̶ b̶e̶ s̶e̶e̶n̶."

"Of course, you only need to appear once its over. Don't want them mad at you for not bowing after a performance."

"..."

Mr. suanters out of the room, giving a small 'glance' at Toby before leaving.

You look behind you to see the child, fully our of the chair that chained them to this room.

"T̵h̵a̵n̵k̵ y̵o̵u̵, C̵o̵o̵k̵! I̵'l̵l̵ n̵e̵v̵e̵r̵ f̵o̵r̵g̵e̵t̵ t̵h̵i̵s̵!"

The child leaves, taking an entirely different direction than the one Mr. took. You don't blame them, you yourself felt physically sick being near such a creature.

Toby, who was behind me the whole time squeezing my arm red, finally speaks up.

"Wᴇ'ʀᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ. Dɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇ ʜᴏᴡ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ʜᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ?! I ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴡᴀs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sᴘʟɪᴛ ᴏᴘᴇɴ!"

The ringing noise seems to affect Toby more than you, even though he's been in this whole ordeal longer. You rack it up to being the sheer amount of force you put on your brain.

You yourself have used the ability to manipulate air for many a reason. To surpess wounds, to 'fly', and to now recently; block out waves of powerful mind fuckery.