🛟Act-20🛟

❃.✮:▹???'s POV◃:✮.❃

[Name]'s cabin, is very interesting. The wallpaper seems to be fresh- even though [Name] has probably lived here for years. The floor, looks to be freshly swept, despite [Name] living with Toby at his cabin.

The farther you go- the more you find.

The first room, the one you step into, is empty, except for the one carpet and a large bean bag. And don't get me started on the walls. They're littered with clocks, feathers, nick-nacks, papers, and large maps that document every river and hill in the next 20 miles from where the house stands.

By the looks of it, you would still believe [Name] was still living here. Or at least, something was.

To the left of the one-chaired room is a flight of stairs. Each step has a piece of artwork on it, I guess that they're all hand-painted. Landscapes, animals, patterns, and even people. Well-being the correct term would be 'person'. [Name] supposedly only draws one person. Who that person is- I'll probably never find out.

I feel bad for stepping on the art, worried that the mud I've tracked onto my boots over the years will ruin it. Thankfully, I made it up without tarnishing the art.

Only two rooms were upstairs. A bedroom, and bathroom. Pretty normal, except for the room sizes. The bedroom is the size of a bathroom, and the bathroom is the size of a bedroom. Also, the only room that has a door is the bathroom. The bedroom is an open door. The only thing separating the two rooms from the hallway are tiny beads that cast different colors on the wall.

I decided not to go into the bathroom, afraid I'd find something personal or horrifying. Like a pile of bones in a jar, or a bottle of animal teeth.

To the bedroom, it is then.

For someone as bleak as [Name], their room sure is colorful. I take my time rummaging through their things and put any items they might want into a duffle bag. Clothes, candles, and jewelry. [Name] had it good.

A good sense of style, a cozy home, and an even cozier bed.

It was king-sized and covered the whole room. I slide my shoes off and slip inside. Looking up, you could notice just how much time [Name] probably spent here.

It's like their own little sky. Ugh- I wanna stay here forever!

Nonetheless, I get up and slide my musty boots on. I'm gonna start to smell like roasted marshmallows, I need to get out of here already. I don't know why I was asked to go on this 'business trip', but I'm glad I did.

...

You know what? Maybe, [Name] isn't as bad as they're made out to be. Yeah from what I've heard they don't talk, and they walk funny, and they're probably planning to kill us all soon- but... I have this feeling that [Name] has more to them.

It wouldn't hurt to get to know them once in a while.

...

I know! I'll ask to borrow Jane's car and take them somewhere. Like to the movies or something. Maybe a lake- or perhaps a fast food restaurant- whatever, I'll get to the fine details later. 

Or maybe I'll just take Cody up on his offer. What was it again? Oh, right. He wanted [Name] and Toby separated.

END
Word count: 583
Authors note: I made this because I couldn't sleep- here you go.