THIRTEEN

By the time I left Zara's home, it was already half-past six in the morning

By the time I left Zara's home, it was already half-past six in the morning. The sun had climbed, and the sky had brightened enough to get a good view of the peaceful neighbourhood. It never crossed my mind earlier, but the locality was actually a decent place for people with families. And as if to confirm my doubt, I turned around to read the plate on the house. It belonged to someone with the last name, Stewart.

Odd.

Determined to get back to it later when my body wasn't screaming for a long cold shower and my chest wasn't tightening at the thought of leaving Zara alone in the house with no one to make sure she slept enough after the all-nighter that we pulled.

The thought of her still naked under the sheets had my dick throb with blood scurrying down to it all over again.

Honestly, what the fuck was wrong with me?

I never stayed at any girl's place ever in my life. It was one rule I followed with passion. One, because the thought of being at a place other than mine never really sat well with me. As condescending and stuck-up as I might sound, I did bear with a silver spoon in my mouth. I was fed with that silver spoon all my life. Two, because I liked the idea of doing the deed in a five-star hotel suite better; it was, by far, the easiest and most convenient option. And third, because going to someone's place felt personal.

Although I could see now that I kind of broke that very rule when it came to Zara Fisher. And oddly enough, nothing inside me seemed to cringe at the idea either. In fact, I kind of liked it. Being at her place made me feel closer to her. Because everything in that house—her room, her kitchen, her dining—smelt like her. And it just amplified the pleasure while I fucked her senseless.

By the time I pulled up the car in the parking lot at my place, Paul—the butler—was already outside, watering the plants. He gave me a nod before beckoning the Gardner standing not too far and followed me obediently as I entered through the door.

"Your mother has gone for her regular morning walk. She took her medicines on time. Sir Nathan called. He said he wasn't able to reach you the entire night. Left you a message. I wrote it down and left it for you to read in your room. There were a few more calls. I've texted the names and numbers to your assistant to keep you in the loop with them. Breakfast would be ready, as it always is. If you have something for me. Let me know, please."

"Paul?" I asked with a yawn once he was done with his ramblings and I was almost on the topmost stairs.

"Yes, sir?"

"Shut up!"

* * *

Somehow, I managed to go by the day without dropping asleep during any of my meetings or calls. Except for zoning out a few times here and there, I told myself I deserved a pat on my back for being so productive, despite the obvious lack of sleep. Margo ordered the lunch for me in my office itself, and while I sat on the couch and stared at the food on my plate, my mind wandered to Zara Fisher for the thousandth time that day.