TWENTY EIGHT 🔥

The man choked and let out of strangled noise

The man choked and let out of strangled noise. "W-what...are...you...? Let me...let me go," he picked at my grip, a pathetic attempt to release himself.

He should have known better than to take my warning for granted. The fucker needed to pay for it now.

"Leave him, you jerk!" a woman shrieked next to me, yanking at my hand and cussing me aloud.

I snapped my head at her, warning her to stay out of this.

She gasped, eyes fear-stricken as she gulped and grew pale as a ghost.

It was only after I stared at the man's face for a little longer; I realized he wasn't Josh.

I released my hold, and he fell to the floor with a heavy thud.

Did I just...?

The same woman came hurrying next to his side. "What the hell is wrong with you?" she cried, tears pouring down her face. She cradled the face of the man, blood flooding back to his pale skin. "Kyle, are you alright, baby? Are you hurt? Manager! Where's the manager? We need a doctor here!"

...lose control?

I lurched backwards.

They weren't at the restaurant.

Where the hell did they go?

Whirling on my heels, I bent my finger to call the waitress on standby. "You. Come here!"

Panicked, she tripped on her way before bearing herself upright. "Ye-yes, sir?"

"This table was booked under the name of Maddox Richmond. Where did the two of them go?"

She pursed her lips, darting her eyes left and right. "Oh," she blurted. "That couple! They...they left almost an hour ago."

The word 'couple' coming out of her mouth only amplified my frustration. I clenched my fist harder. She could have lost her job because of the slight error if only my rage hadn't turned on Josh.

That bastard knew the woman was Zara the second he walked in. And yet, he did not feel the need to notify me once.

Fuck. I'm going to destroy him!

I offered him an olive branch for the sake of our friendship, but I should have known better. I should have known he couldn't be trusted. That asshole was after my woman, I couldn't just sit back and wait for the day he would finally succeed in his dirty tricks.

Bloody hell!

As I stormed out of the hotel, I made another call. "Danny, send me the exact location of the number I'm sending you."

"Yes, boss!"

I texted the number and got into the car. It only took Danny five minutes to share the location on my cell.