Chapter 20: Death is Upon Us

Pausing at this very moment, I could not ingest the words that slipped out from Adrian's mouth. Played like a puppet, being manipulated by the mind, I felt foolish. The feeling of being betrayed and used lingered in my mind. My eyes could not be taken off of the evil figure in front of me.

Yet, in my peripheral vision, I could see Vladimir struggling to free himself from the chains that binded his freedom. Clank! Clank! the chains would go. It was getting to the point where I could see Adrian becoming irritated by the sound. His sharp and ominous eyes glared at his very own son.

The family tree between those two were very twisted, but that was none of my concern. Suddenly the image of my uncle appeared in my mind as I snapped out of my thoughts. His jovial expression he would display to me every day. Ever since the tragic incident where my parents died, I swore to myself to find their killer and revenge for them.

Never had I expected it would be Adrian himself. And to my embarrassment, I fell into his trap. Worse, my uncle fell for it too. Yet the foggy image of the tall man smirked at me. I remember the obsidian colored hair, long and flowing, almost like poisoned blood seeping out from its wound and those dagger like red eyes.

I almost thought my life had ended just like that when the man in front of me found my tiny self inside the cabinet. Because that permanently scarred me for life, I would have nightmares about it where Adrian would rip my throat out. I still remembered his words: "I want to eradicate them...all of them..till their race is history..." And it was all because he had the same purpose as me: revenge.

Twisted and distorted, he wish to revenge against the race that killed his mother and his lover. I, on the other hand, only want to rid this man in front of me. I could care less about the other vampires, even if I did despise them. However, I realize that not all vampires are our arch enemies.

Vladimir is the living proof of such a statement. Adrian took the lives of my mother and father. I was only five years old when they were killed. It was during dinner and I could recall my mother's, who was full human, happy and blissful face as she brought out the food out. My father, who was full werewolf, came back from outside after a long day of hunting for food.

Then I remembered that were was an uninvited knock. My father went over to the door and opened it.A man with dark black hair suddenly asked a very weird question. He asked if my father was a werewolf. My father lied and instantly, his life was in the hands of the man. Scared, my mother suddenly screamed as she scoop me in her arms before being attacked by another vampire.

I crawled, traumatized by the whole situation on how fast it went by, into the cabinet.My mother's lifeless eyes and the horrible gash on her back produced a horrifying image. I trembled in that crowded cabinet as blood spilled out of her body. The more I thought about this, the angrier I got.

My parents died all because my father was a werewolf. Should I blame my father? No, it wasn't his fault! It was none of my parent's fault! They had nothing to do with killing Adrian's lover! Why did they end up in such a horrible fate!? What did my father ever do to you, Adrian? What about my mother? She was an innocent human woman! Damn you Adrian, damn you!"Argh!" I roared as I suddenly curled up.

The anger flaring inside my body, the adrenaline rushing in my veins. I felt my canines enlarging and sharpening at the same time. This excruciating urge to kill Adrian...I want to murder him so bad, I want to rip him into shreds and bathe myself in his blood. I panted, the tremendous amount of energy that was surging in my system was enormous.