Chapter 19: A Disastrous Past

“Impossible…” I murmured suddenly, my body was paralyzed all of a sudden. What was the man saying? What trap is he talking about? For a second, I refuse to buy any words that slipped out of his mouth. “You’re bullshitting!” I suddenly snarled, the werewolf blood in me was surging in my body.

        “Hnn?” I heard Adrian groaned and he chuckled. Then his chuckle became a laugh. “Ah ha ha ha! Why on earth would I do that to you? Do you get it Galen? It’s fate, destiny, a certainty that you have arrived here. I’ve known you for a long time. I know that you and the other wolf are the last remaining filth who has werewolf blood running in their veins.” Lies. Why is it every time I urge to dig in my past and the answers to my questions, plot twists like these come haunt me?

        “...” I was speechless, unable to mutter anything about of my mouth. I was silent. All I could was glare at the other. This man...not only was he dangerous, but he holds the answers that I’ve been long seeking for. Instead of asking him the questions that burden my heart, I felt that the shattering pieces were going to tie in together.

        “Silent aren’t we? I love silent listeners...only because it reminds me of dead dogs that were deposited on the ground.” he chuckled as he began walking around slowly. “Why aren’t you asking me questions, Galen? Why aren’t you asking me: ‘What the hell is going on?’” he asked as he stopped, placing both of his hands behind his back as he looked at me whipping as smirk.

        I couldn’t help but to gaze my attention on Vladimir. Whatever Adrian did, Vladimir looked pained. He was holding on. I could see him tremble softly as the blood on his lips dried up. I have to urge to run to him and hug him immediately. This bastard Adrian….the blood in my veins boiled as I could feel the pendant around my neck began to burn. My pupil sharpen and suddenly I clenched my teeth angrily, gritting them. Strange, I feel that my canines becoming fangs.

        “Oh you have such rebellious eyes..” I heard Adrian say. “Ah, as expected of a disgusting creature like a werewolf. Hm~ But you’re half human as well…” he licked his lips. “Perhaps I will let you live if you become my personal blood bag, fu fu~” he said and I blinked, however, still feeling the throbbing heat from my pendant.

        “Eh? Your personal blood bag?” I said, blinking. Then I snapped out of it. “Don’t be fucking stupid!” I said, refusing to fall for his words. I know that if I give myself up, I would end up killed regardless. Then I heard jingles and I turned towards to the noise.

        “Don’t you fucking touch him…” I heard Vladimir gasped as he took in a deep breath. He lifted his head, crimson orbs were burning as he glared at his father with such hatred. His father chuckled as he made his way towards to his son, kneeling in front of him.

        “Why does it matter to you?” he asked. “Because you love this little dog don’t you? Why is it that you show love and affection for someone who is simply nothing but garbage? And more importantly, not even related to you?” he asked as he ran his gloved hand into Vladimir’s jet black hair before pulling it back in a rough manner. He gasped in pain and narrowed his eyes.

        “Nngh!” he hissed as he glared at his father. I widened my eyes as I took a step or so forward. “Tch, related to you? Don’t be stupid. I will never ever consider myself related to you no matter what you bastard…” he growled lowly.

        “Oh, that hurts Vladimir~” he said as he chuckled. “I am more close to you than that filth who’s watching us…” he said. I couldn’t stand it. Every second that I watched Adrian mocked Vladimir, I could feel the gradual transformation taking place in my body.