Chapter 22: Once Upon the Blue Moon

Just when I thought nightmares will never become real, the image of the person who was crucial to me had suddenly died in my arms. No no..no! First my parents and now Vladimir. The surge of tears poured out like a rushing flowing waterfall. The last time I cried this much was when I was just a young boy. I held Vladimir's face close. His skin was turning cold. As I continued to see his unresponsive face, the image of my mother's dead face staring me came back into my mind. I placed him down on the floor and flipped his back on the floor. Then, hesitating, I lean towards to this chest and press my ear against his chest. As I was hoping for some heartbeat, nothing made a sound. Not even a murmur. Dishearten by it, I grip Vladimir's shirt tightly and sob into his clothes.

          "Hic..hic..nngh.." I hiccup as I wipe my tears away. I pull away, feeling a surge of powerful energy running in my veins. "Haa..haa..." I pant softly, sweat began to pour down my head. Hot..hot..it's so hot. Whatever this feeling is..it is hot. It feels like that I am burning..like I am in hell being dissipated by the flames washing on me. Slowly, I grab my neck with my hands as I began to pant loudly.

            "That foolish idiot. Though I have raised that scumbag to become a more cold-blooded vampire in order to succeed after me, it seem that I failed to do so." I heard Adrian speak, "But even so, at the very least, I got rid of him. Tch, it was your fault after all Galen. You poisoned and brainwashed my son's mind with your filthy wolf body and soul. Like the trash you are, I will dispose you next." he said and those words were like poison itself. The more I heard it, the angrier I became.

            Vladimir was his biological son regardless of the twisted family tree they had. Although he was an inbred, it didn't change the fact that he lost his loving mother from this tyrant. His cold attitude was perhaps the result from the strictness and psychologically damaging actions Adrian took upon Vladimir's mind. I could imagine Vladimir's innocence as this young boy who always laugh and smile. What a coward move that Adrian was blaming his mistakes on everything else just because what he thought was going to be his empire suddenly had fallen.

            Rubbish and trashy move. He took away Vladimir's innocence and his life as well as his very own mother. He was nothing but a authoritative tyrant who is full of himself but when things do not manage to fall in place, he blames everything else because he had the powers to do so. Vladimir sacrificed his life to save me and now I feel extremely guilty about it. How can I rest in peace if Vladimir never did?

            That pathetic but mood-giving smile that Vladimir gives, the touches he gives me, and the love...I will never be able to feel them again. What I had yearn when I was just a child was taken away by Adrian...yes...by him. My parents were killed by him and now the person who I love more than anything was taken by him too.

           "Haaa...." I heard my uncle gasping for air. I looked up, a shade of fiery red took over my vision as I saw my uncle holding onto his torso with one hand. Injured from the powerful blow Adrian gave, us Werewolves were not powerful enough to even land a scratch on a vampire due to their speed and strength. The dried blood on his mouth could of aroused many different vampires if he was being fed to them. He could not fight, he did not have any strength left as he was trying to save the rest of them to recover.

             Revenge.

             That was all I can think about. Revenge. A very bittersweet word but at this moment, I let my feelings take over my decisions. Pulsating through my narrow veins, I could feel the heat burning my skin. He took away my parents and my lover and now I will take away his life. I will take away his fucking life and rip him into shreds. I will become the disgusting filthy werewolf he hates so much and eat his flesh. I will taste his blood and make sure that he is nothing but a dried up prune at the end.