Epilogue: Life as Two (Vladimir's View)

It's been a year since the whole fiasco of ridding my father took place. The misery he held me in throughout my life was finally over. I was no longer a thing to him, a slave to his power. So this is what freedom felt like. I stood outside of my dorm room's balcony, since all buildings had a victorian-gothic type of architecture resemblance. The wind was very cool as the sun decided to show its face unfortunately. Luckily, each balcony of the dorm contained a thick room to shield and protect us vampires from absorbing any sunlight. 

I remained in silence, hands folded as they were over the ledge of the balcony. I stared down at the quiet and peaceful garden, filled with different colored flowers and bushes as well as a marble fountain spewing out water. The sound of the water running was soothing to one's soul. I closed my eyes, enjoying the quietness for one without fear or worry. Long ago, when I was young, I would recall that I was not allow out of my room. My sick father ordered the servants to lock me inside the room, being tied down to prevent myself from seeing what the world could show me.

All these dreadful twenty years of living in hell traumatized me. I do not wish to recall the incident at all as it still haunts me in my sleep. That is, until I met Galen. To be honest, when I first met him in the class, he was like a wild animal with such an attractive scent that I knew that he was part human. I have never tasted human blood before and heard that it was the best thing any vampire could feast on. Like a fragile puppy that Galen was, I used my status and power to gain him away from the other. It was suppose to be a prank at first, where I used him none other than just a blood bag. However, as time went, the connection between he and I seem to have drawn my closer to him.

I don't know what it is, but I felt attracted to him all of a sudden. I had to snapped out of it first, believing that I was drawn under his spell and perhaps his mix of werewolf and human blood could have clouded my thoughts. I wanted to believe that his mixture of blood was a dangerous yet addicting drug, but for some reason, I could not get Galen out of head and my heart. A year ago, the moment when he told me to leave him alone -- I wanted to test my own will. Was I really attracted to him to the point where I yearned for him? Or was my thoughts really clouded with foolish feelings such as love and affection? 

Not even I grew up knowing the meaning of love and affection. Galen was a stupid idiot, but he was cute being a stupid idiot. The flustered blemishes on his cheeks, the water that builds at the corners of his eyes whenever he's embarrassed, and his size being smaller than I am makes him the perfect prey for a predator like me to target. But why was I so infatuated with him? That was something that took the longest time for me to figure it out. It was as if the moment our eyes met, a bond formed between us without us knowing it. 

Perhaps...it was because the two of us share similar past? I knew that my father had the machination to plot his scheme carefully in order to eradicate the entire werewolf race. For vengeance and for pleasure. I recall that I was only five years old when he began to plot his scheme. I did not know what that mean, but something tells me that it was a regrettable decision my father made. When I found out that Galen's parents were murdered by my father, it instantly made me angry for no reason. Why should I care whether his parents were murdered by my own kind? 

It was because Galen lost the physical contact and affection from his parents. At that moment, I felt as if I also lost the physical contact and affection from my parents. I knew that my mother died upon running away from my father. And to find out that my father was also my brother sickened me. I never knew that mother was that type of woman to douse herself in materialistic pleasure and sexual fantasy to satisfy her need. Was it a blessing in disguise? To have this happen and to be able to have meet Galen in the future? And not the mention, inbred between vampires appears to make their offsprings a lot more stronger when taking the heir to become the successor as well.