Chapter 16: The Plan's Aftermath

“Doctor!” a very displeased and angry voice emerged in the air as the door opened in an aggressive manner. The young platinum blonde boy stomped inside the doctor’s office, breathing harshly. His brows furrowed as bits of sweat leaked down from his head. He slammed the door shut, the vibration was rough enough to shake the cabinets and paper.

        He walked over to one of the patient’s bed and sat on the edge, grabbing his inhaler out. Taking his medication, he breathing ceased as he took slow deep breath to make sure the medicine will help his asthma. The doctor sat at his desk, refusing to pay any attention to the young boy. He flipped documents after documents as he finally placed his pen down. Without turning around to make eye contact, he spoke.

        “What is it? Didn’t I tell you not to come here all agitated?” he asked as he leaned back in his office chair, putting both of his hands behind his back. He adjusted his glasses, staring into nothing but the ceiling. The doctor looked tired, the coffee in his mug was not only half finished, but it was cold.

        “Tch, I’m only agitated because the plan failed.” Lucas hissed as he gripped on the bed sheets tightly, wrinkling them. He tried to calm down since he knew that anger will only bring nothing but harm to his health. “What the hell happened!? You told me it would be successful!” he yelled. The doctor sighed again as he stood up, walking towards to a small sink behind his desk and spilled his cold coffee out.

        “I never said it would work 100%.” He replied back as he rinsed his mug. “How was I suppose to know that it would fail? I’m not a god, you know.” he added and Lucas, getting more furious, vented his anger out as he screamed, throwing the pillow on the ground.

        “Argh!” he hissed loudly, ripping the bed sheets out almost toring it into shreds. The doctor leered at him and placed his mug down as he walked over to the blonde. Suddenly he caught the other’s wrist and lift him up as he narrowed his eyes.

        “Watch it. If you destroy my property, I’ll fine you.” he said, hissing as he glared at the other. Lucas return the glare as tear droplets formed at the corners of his eyes.

        “Let me go!” he growled and the doctor released him, pushing him back on bed. He knelt down to pick up the bed sheets and the pillow as he tossed it back on the bed Lucas was sitting on.

        “Don’t do as you please, this isn’t your home.” He said as Lucas lowered his head. This time, he gripped on the mattress in a firm manner. The anger suppressing his system was making him feel a bit sick.

        “You told me that Vladimir would be separated from that dog and that he would come to me...I-I’ve been waiting and nothing happened! Of course the plan failed! How else are you still here by yourself when you said you claimed that low dog!?” he said and the doctor walked off, putting his hands in his pockets. “You’re pathetic, doctor.” he commented.

        “....” No words left from the doctor’s mouth yet as he began to drown himself into deep thoughts. A recurring memory was playing in his head as he remembered all the words that the Lycanthrope said to him before dropping him in the pit. “I rather die than to be in your hands.” he remembered Galen saying, “You do nothing but to take advantage of your students whenever the students refuse to obey you As a doctor, don’t you think that’s a pretty pathetic move? Aiming and targeting your students just because you are unsatisfied with something.”

        The doctor sighed, snapping out of his thoughts. Those words really disturbed him because he knew that what the Lycanthrope said was true. Now that the doctor realized it, he had been taking advantage of other patients for his own pleasure. Those words...finally broke the image of what the doctor was like for the past years. Even so, he could still amend himself. “I am a doctor and my job is to heal patients, not seducing them..” he murmured silently.