Chapter 21: The History of the Pendant

"U-Uncle?" I called out his name softly as he peered his greenish-yellow orbs into mine. The wounds on his body were in all sorts of shape as well as his the cuts carved into his skin. I struggle to get up but nonetheless I push myself to. I realized that those cuts and wounds from his body came from the guards he must of fought from the entrance up to the toppest floor.

The wolf soften his glowering expression as me as he walked over to lick my face. It really want my uncle. "Galen, are you alright?" he asked and I looked up at him. "I felt your presence disappearing as soon as you attended this so-called academy. When I morphed into my wolf form, I notice that your scent vanished. Something wasn't right and I could not believe that I was tricked by this man you fought earlier.

"Eh?" I blinked, wondering what he was talking about. However, I felt weak and sick already. My powers seem to have cease as I coughed up blood. My uncle widened his eyes as he transformed back into his human form. The wrinkles and his beard...I recognize it all. It felt as if I was back home again, just the two of us. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a salmon colored pill that was round.

"No time, eat this." he said. Before I could even react to it, he shove it in my mouth and force me to eat it. I chew and chew then swallow, widening my eyes.

"W-What.." I began. There was no distinctive taste for what my uncle gave me. But nonetheless, I felt my strength and power coming back to me. I widened my eyes and blinked. The wounds and bruises on me began to slowly fade.

"That is call the Restitutionem Pill. It is used for a life or death situation." he said as he wrapped his arms around me, picking me up. I gazed at him before holding onto him for support. "I could smell the end of you...sadly there is only one of these pills that are formulated every once a hundred years."

"Then why didn't you use it on yourself, uncle!? You need it more than I do! Without you, I am lonely!" I began, gripping on his cloak as I hissed, my emotions stirred in my chest. Certainly that wasn't true, but at the moment, I couldn't think. Tears began to form at the corners of my eyes. What happens if my uncle disappears? He's the only one I have!

"Fool!" he growled at me as he slap my face. I enlarged my eyes and touched my cheeks, glancing at him. "You and I are the last remaining werewolves. You must continue on our lineage do you see? I am not fit to become the Alpha! Only the ones who are able to wear the pendants are most suitable to become the Alpha." he said.

"Alpha..?" I asked in a questioning tone and noticed a small dull aura radiating from the fang like pendant I wore around my neck.

"Galen! Galen, dammit are you okay!?" I heard Vladimir's voice. Due to the amount of dust clouds formed in this room, I could barely see him. My uncle grimaced as he turned towards to the direction from where Vladimir's voice was coming from.

"I smell another presence here..." he bellowed lowly as he glanced all around. Feeling that my uncle wanted to search for the other voice and attack him, my instinct suddenly kicked in as I held onto my uncle.

"No Uncle!" I told him as I held him back. "Don't hurt him!" I told him as I pushed him away from where Vladimir was at. Because he had a strong sense of smell, he could detect where Vladimir was located within seconds. I didn't want Vladimir to be injured even more because of me.

"Galen? Why must you protect this vampire? They are our arch enemies!" he hissed as he stopped, glowering at me. Ashamed that I was protecting our rival, I furrowed my brows. "They are the reason why the war between vampires and werewolves started! Those arrogant, brainless, and selfish filths who thinks they are important and clever because they are born in the aristocratic tier. Don't you forget, Galen, that your parents were murdered by them." he said. I paused, feeling the life draining out of me as my uncle mentioned about that.