Chapter 24: Love

The moment I glanced at his beautiful crystal hazel colored eyes, I was suddenly breath taken. I felt like my heart stopped beating all of a sudden. His soft black locks brushed against my skin as I know one thing for certain: I felt his warmth. The warmth I yearned and missed so much had finally came back to life. To be able to have his arms around me...this felt like a mere dream. I placed my uncle down and threw myself into the other's arms.

"VLADIMIR!" I cried his name as tears exploded out of my eyes, pouring down like a continuous water stream. I sobbed in his chest as he I felt his chin on top of my head. "Oh my god!" I hiccuped. Slowly, I felt Vladimir's arms tightening around me firmly as he held me close.

"Galen, Galen is that you?" he said as he slipped his hands up my jaw line and cupped my face with it. I squinted my eyes, oozing more tears out the corners and I nodded. I pressed my hands against his broad chest to make sure what I was seeing and feeling wasn't an illusion or a mirage created by someone. "Oh my god, Galen..it really is you..." he said and I suddenly felt something warm touching my shoulder. I opened my eyes and noticed that Vladimir was....crying?

I pulled away and looked at his beautiful face. Gently, I brushed my finger against his cheek and his eyes to wipe the tears away from the corners of his eyes. Then I lit up a small smile.

"Don't cry Vladimir.." I said and he widened his eyes before looking away embarrassingly.

"I'm not crying." he said, using his beautiful jet black locks cover his eyes. "There were debris in my eyes.." he said before he raised a hand to rubbed his eyes. "Nevertheless, I'm glad you're safe. For a second I was really scared that my father took your life. It was worth protecting you after all...sacrificing my life." he said and then I widened my eyes, pulling away as he I gave a light punch on his chest.

"Stupid Vladimir! What you did was reckless!" I hissed at him as I felt the return of the gushing tears flowing down my eyes. "Y-You did die..." I began as I turned towards to my uncle, "but my uncle gave up his life..gave up his last remaining energy to bring you back to life." I said, feeling heartbroken that my uncle selfishly left me.

Vladimir widened his eyes as he scoot over, wrapping an arm around me as I felt his long fingers running in my hair. Then he push my head to his chest as I gripped on his dirtied shirt.

"I'm sorry..." he began, "but I can't let my father take you out." Vladimir glanced at my uncle as he pulled away. Gently lifting a hand, he kissed my uncle's hand. I peered down at my uncle's peaceful death-like sleep. Eyes closed, his silver-grayish hair laid on the floor as as the wrinkles on his face relaxed. "Thank you." I heard Vladimir speak. "Thank you very much for resurrecting my life. I can promise you that I will take care of Galen." he said before placing my uncle's hand on his chest before pulling away.

"Vladimir...." I called his name as he glanced at me, his eyes softened. For the first time, I've seen such an expression on his face as if he wanted to cry. Feeling that he was holding it in, I wrapped my arms around him and comforted him.

"Where is my dead father?" he asked and that question alerted me as I pulled away. I stood up, looking around to find Adrian's dead body on the other side of the room. Then I lifted an arm and pointed towards to the direction. Vladimir turned his head around as he stood up and walked towards to him. I followed behind as the both of us glanced at Adrian's corpse.

Looking like a rotten fish, the black veins hardening on his skin as the dark colored blood seeped from his  mouth and covered his chest where the dagger penetrated. No energy from the vampire could be felt. It was a gruesome thing to see. Then I notice Vladimir was cringing. Tears fell from his eyes as I widened my eyes.