Chapter 17: Hidden Figure Unmasked

“H-Hey, Vladimir…” I called for the raven vampire. As much as I expected for him to turn around, he continued to walk away. Whatever Lucas said, it offended Vladimir a lot. To my astonishment, I couldn’t believe that Vladimir actually slapped Lucas on the face too. Not that I prefer him not to, that brat probably deserved it. Such a spoil child, Vladimir only told me that he was from a rich family so I am not surprise at all. Besides, he had a very ugly attitude towards Vladimir.

        I turned to glance at the platinum blonde boy’s expression. Anger, frustration, and possibly a tad bit of guilt was stocked in his system. Lucas continued to look away as he furrowed his brows, turning away. The fumes that seeped between to two of them was starting to become visible. I could practically feel it and it gave me the chills down my spine. Snapping the attention of Lucas, I was more worried about Vladimir.

        Vladimir continued to ignore me and I finally caught up to him, tugging on his sleeves. We just came back from the cathedral after our...time together. A lot of things happen while we were in the abandon cathedral but it felt like days. The academy’s doctor set us up so he could lure me away from Vladimir. I thought for good that I was going to die when he released me. Luckily, I survived and since then, I haven’t seen the doctor.

        “What?” I heard Vladimir’s icy and cold voice slapping me in the stomach. I shudder at his voice as he turned his face to me. His eyes were flaring crimson red as if fire was dancing in his eyes. His pupil sharpened to a slit, pure evil and darkness surrounded it. That made my heart jump as I released him, stepping back. When he realized what he was like at the moment, he snapped out of it. Closing his eyes, he shook his head. “S-Sorry…” he murmured.

        That calmed me down and I approach to him slowly, tugging on his sleeves. Something was telling me that Vladimir was heavily bothered by something. It was just more than what Lucas said. For a strong and hard guy like Vladimir, something that Lucas spat at him shouldn’t be able to make him nearly transform to a dreadful and dangerous vampire...to the point where I believe that Vladimir was close to losing control.

        “...Are you okay? What’s wrong?” I ask in a reluctantly tone. I was hesitant in asking him what was bothering him. Vladimir sighed as he took a minute or so remaining silent. The tension between us increase each second and I suddenly wrapped my arms around Vladimir’s waist, hugging him. “You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to.” I finally told him.

        “.....” Vladimir leered down at me as I laid my head against his chest. He let out another heavy sigh and I instantly felt his arm slithering around my waist as he pulled me close. Our faces were nearly centimeters apart and I could see the lascivious yet lustful expression written on his face. I blushed suddenly and nudge myself away from him. “Oh, you are so cute when you worry about the smallest things Galen...it makes me hungry for you…” he said, smirking as his fangs were visible. His teasing made my heart pound quickly as I widened my eyes, looking away.

        “D-Don’t get anything wrong..” I said, furrowing my brows. “I just don’t want you to be bothered by what the brat said.” I added, gripping on his sleeves. However, this didn’t stop him from inching close to me. The closer I felt his breath, the more uncomfortable I was beginning to get. It wasn’t his fault, it was the fact that were were still in public. Of course, I could feel the presence of other students staring at us but they chose to ignore us.

        “I just want to pierce my fangs into that delicious skin of yours and suck your warm blood...feeling it run in my system..” he said in a seductive tone as he licked his lips. I nudged him, but he wouldn’t budge. Damn his strength.