Chapter 9: Can't Possibly L-Love Him...Right?

“Let’s go.” Vladimir ordered as he turned away, pulling me next to him in a protective manner. My body froze for a split second as I followed him. Suddenly, realizing that I was being the one attached to him, I pulled away. My eyes met his hazelnut colored ones and this time, it did not delineate any hard feelings. No anger, no irritation, nothing. It was bittersweet in a way.

        “....” No words left my mouth just yet but I wasn’t going let him drag me all over the place like a real dog. However, our distance weren’t several feet apart. In fact, Vladimir stared at me with an amused expression. Then, a grin curled up his lips as he closed his eyes, flipping the bangs out of his sight.

        “Still as stubborn aren’t you? It’s clear to you that without me, you can’t survive here. Give it up, puppy. As long as I live, you are protected from others.” he said in a soothing bold voice. It gave me the chills and goosebumps on my skin. I shivered; never had I ever heard him speak to me in that kind of tone.

        “Don’t..don’t look down at me.” I hissed lowly, looking away as I wrapped my arms around my torso, rubbing it to warm the chills out of my body. My ears perked as I heard his footsteps becoming close to me. It really did tick me off how he assumed that I could not live without him. He made me look like I’m weak and powerless. My stomach was aching at the wrong time in the situation now.

        I felt queasy all of a sudden and I wanted to throw up. Covering my mouth, I wobbled a bit, nearly tripping until I felt Vladimir’s arm gripped on me tightly, pulling me up.

        “Hm..you look sick.” he said and I yank my arm out, backing up. I felt dizzy and wanted to faint all of a sudden but that would make me look so pathetic.

        “Don’t touch me so freely…” I said, backing up to the large marble column as I placed my hand on it for support. Vladimir did not listen and he grabbed my by the arm again, pulling me close to him.

        “You stupid puppy, you’re cold and weak…” he said, muttering his cool mint breath against my ear. I shivered again, trying to nudge him away. He didn’t budge and suddenly to walked me down the sidewalk and into the residence hall where I stayed. A lot of students glanced at us and I could mumbles.

        “Whoa..they’re back?”

        “Did Vladimir claim him back?”

        “Shit..”

        “With him around, we can’t get near the food…”

        “Fuck..why does he have to ruin everything..”

        As much as I wanted to fight back his strength, no power ran in my system. Vladimir slammed the door opened as he walked inside the clear hall. Students peeked in as he stared at the two of us.

        “Stop Vladimir..” I said, huffing lowly as he continued to drag me down. I wiggled in his grasp, refusing to be seen by others in this manner. Literally, I felt like a child clinging onto his father. I shook my head, clearing the thoughts out of my mind. Blurry images danced in my eyes as I closed them slightly, preventing it from over taking my sick stomach.

        “Shut your mouth.” he ordered, a low bellow echoed from his broad chest. He led me into a room as he kept the lights off. Suddenly, he tossed me on the bed and I winced, falling onto it. Vladimir refuse to turn on the lights, thus I could not see very clearly. Where the hell was I? Where did Vladimir bring me? I got up, running my fingers in my hair.

        “Where did you take me?” I asked sternly, a slight annoyance tinted my voice as I gazed around. Finally, when my eyes adjusted to the dim room, it appears I was in Vladimir’s...dorm? Then, he flickered the lights on, the chandeliers that hung on the ceiling gradually brightened up, exposing everything in the room I was brought in.  I gazed around, looking at Vladimir’s dorm. It was certainly much more smaller than mine, consisting of a bunk bed, a desk, a wardrobe and a small kitchenette.