Chapter 18: The Unspoken Truth

I froze unable to accept the fact that the man before was none other than Vladimir’s own father.  I would like to believe that he was lying, but his eyes were telling me that they weren’t. They were just like Vladimir’s, hazel colored and his hair was jet black. However it was much more longer than Vladimir’s. He looked formal unlike Vladimir himself but that wasn’t the case. What I saw in front of me was the pain that was expressed by Vladimir. He was sweating, panting roughly as his arms were chained against the wall. Just what in the world happened?

        “Haa..haa…” I heard Vladimir pant in pain. It cringes me to hear him suffering for whatever his own father did to him. “G-Go Galen..run..” he said, out of breath. I blinked confusedly. I have never heard the raven speaking me in such manner before. The powerful vampire that everyone adored and had their hots for is submitting? Was his father really that powerful?

        Then I had my eyes set on his father. I glared at him and suddenly he clapped his hands. His hands were concealed by white gloves and then his body guards released me as he stepped back, bowing down. Without feeling constricted by his bodyguards, I wanted to rush to Vladimir and unbind him. But doing such risky thing would cause myself to get harmed.

        His bodyguards suddenly left the room, closing the door that shadowed us in darkness with the exception of the light coming from the windows besides us. I stood still, feeling a dangerous aura from this man. He chuckled, smirking at me. I felt uneasy, sweat was already being produced on my palm. I gazed at Vladimir with the corners of my eyes.

        Without hesitation, I sprint towards Vladimir but with his father in the way, he quickly stopped me and grabbed my neck with his hand. He wrapped his fingers around it tightly and in such a rough manner it shocked me. He grabbed his wrists as he brought me up slightly till I was on my tippy toes.

        “Nngh!” I hissed as he chuckled. Damn this man, he was very strong.

        “Tsk tsk, you shouldn’t be reckless my dear Galen..” he said and I opened one of my eyes glaring at the other. He tightened his grip around me as I leaned my head back to create a small gap between his palm and my neck. I gasped for breath, this man was showing no mercy.

        “D-Damn you..” I wheezed, unable to say the words clearly. I could feel my feet lifting in air. My neck was about to snap until the man threw me down on the floor. I skid across the room, the friction beneath me caused my shoulder to burn as I end up slamming my back against the wall. “Ack!” I felt a gush of blood spewing out of my mouth as I trembled.

        “Galen!...” I heard Vladimir faintly calling my name. I could barely move. It felt as if my shoulder bone was fracture. However, I forced myself to get up nonetheless as I held onto my bleeding shoulder. I hissed, glaring at the man.

        “Oh oh...mm..” I heard him groan as he licked his lips. “I forgot, Galen, that you are a Lycanthrope.” he said. “Half human, half werewolf...the scent of your bleed certainly has the aroma of a human..” he said as I heard his footsteps coming close to me. I inched away, scooting back as the throbbing pain on my shoulder continued to increase. “I crave for human blood..” He added as he stopped in front of me.

        Kneeling down his gloved hands suddenly ran into my hair as he gripped on it roughly, pulling it back. I hissed in pain, looking at his crimson orbs. He smirked as he leaned in, licking the blood that ran down the corner of my mouth. I flinched, squeezing my eyes shut. He pulled away and chuckled.

        “Indeed, you taste just like a human..but you’re not.” he commented.

        “Bastard, leave Galen alone! If you want to mess with someone, do it to me!..” I heard Vladimir say as he panted, out of breath. The man suddenly released me as he stood up, walking towards to Vladimir. Shit, what was he about to do to him? Vladimir looked like he was in a lot of pain and if his father was going to do anything to him, it look like he was going to make him suffer.