Chapter 8: His Appearance is Crucial to Me

I laid in my bed, fingers running against the luxurious materials the blanket was composed of. I sighed, closing my eyes as I threw my arm over my eyes, dimming the lights that penetrated through my eyes harshly. Peace and silence bestowed upon me and I am thankful for that. All I want is to set my tired mind into an island of relaxation. Already my first day and I was having it hard. I really want to get out of here, but how? Somehow the moment I crossed the tunnel, it felt like I was in another dimension. The horrifying image of the satanic scenario of the tunnel still lingered in my head. What was that? I still remembered clearly about the depth of fiery hell.

        I sighed again and flipped my body over so my stomach would lay flat on the bed. I gripped the blanket and curled it up so I could make a small pillow for my head to rest on. I shunned Vladimir out. I expected him to punch me in the face when I suddenly struck him. However, it went the opposite of what I thought to happen. And now that he realized his damn place, I feel like I’ve set myself loose. Just like a little lamb, I am surrounded by hungry wolves. Ironically, I’m half werewolf too.

        God, I don’t want to go out again; I embarrassed myself in front of other bloodsucker. Nn..I don’t feel so good for some reason. Nausea decided to churn my stomach. Speaking of, I wondered how the situation between the doctor and Vladimir go. And speaking of, why should I care what happened between the two?

        Ding Dong Ding! Galen Wulfo, report back to class. I repeat, Galen Wulfo, report back to class!

        A sudden intercom voice rung in the air. That surprised me and I widened my eyes. What the hell, class is still in session? Though the lunch break was only an hour, it seemed like five hours to me. Too exhausted to get up, I forced myself as he I hopped off the bed. I brushed my clothes down, making sure they looked presentable. I sighed, gulping down. I really didn’t want to go back.

        I haven’t ate or drank anything since I’ve arrived here and I felt even more sick and light-headed due to the lack of hydration. I ignored it nonetheless and I walked out of my room, locking it as I slipped the card key in my pocket. The halls were empty; perhaps everyone returned to class but me. The lights twinkled from the chandeliers that hung on the ceiling. Gargoyle statues stared at me. Even though they weren’t real, I felt creeped out by them for some reason.

        I returned to class within a few minutes; all my classmates stared upon me. I ignored their presences and again, they were all mumbling. I sat down, refuse to acknowledge any of them. I heard lickings and I shivered at the sounds of their saliva moistening their lips.

        “Without Vladimir, he’s ours heh.” I heard a couple of boys mumbled as they agreed.

        I suddenly got up as Mr. Stevenson was writing on the chalkboard. It appears that he was writing math, all the weird symbols and graphs I didn’t give a crap about.

        “Mr. Stevenson…” I began and he stopped, turning around. His frilly auburn locks bounced against his shoulders. Glasses were below his eyes as he glanced at me, arching his brow in an impatient manner.

        “What is it Galen? You were late for class after break.” he said, emphasizing the last sentence. Few chortles snorted across the classroom. I twitched and clenched my fists as I furrowed my brows. Now even the teacher was starting to tease me. There was no good in this academy. None at all. No one is treating me with respect. They were all mocking me and that is pissing me off.  

        “Sorry, I don’t feel so good. May I return to my dorm?” I asked as I ran my hand on my forehead, holding it as if I was really sick. Mr. Stevenson, pushed his glasses up as he sighed, putting his book down he was copying the problem from. I eased my expression and tried to make myself look like I was about to die without any rest. And in all honesty, I was feeling unwell.