Chapter 5: Predator

I wanted to struggle, to put up a fight and resist against his fangs that were about to sink into my neck. But when I had the desire to, I felt paralyzed. Something about this male was alluring but threatening. His skin was snow white pale, but the structure of his face was well carved. His jet black hair was long, brushing against the skin of his neck. With a close up of his face, his lashes were long and he had beautiful hazelnut eyes, almost as if they were honey colored.

        Suddenly I realized he opened his mouth and was about to turn me into food. I widened my eyes as raised my hand to strike across his face. He backed off and I furrowed my brows, hissing. He touched the part where I slapped him, it was reddening in no time through his pale skin. He didn’t flinch at all, but instead, curled a precarious smirk at me.

        The whole entire class widened their eyes like I did something wrong. Perhaps like I wasn’t suppose to slap the man. But what he did was too farfetched.

         “Vladimir Denis, OUT!” I heard the teacher hissed. He stared at me with cold-blooded eyes and I shiver, but nonetheless, I glowered back at him.

        “The bait, eh?” he said as I twitched. “How interesting, I like him already, heh.” he chuckled before turning around to exit out the classroom. When he turned his back against me and walked out, I felt more relieved. My heart pounded in a rapid speed and I pat my chest. Sweat began to produced on my forehead and I gasped for air.

        “Listen up everyone.” I heard Vladimir’s voice resonated the entire room. The boys paid attention to him and I looked up. He faced towards me with another smirk on his face. The teacher was getting annoyed by his cocky attitude. “That little puppy there is mine. Anyone who touches him will die.” he said in a dangerous tone before laughing his way out. I slammed my fist on the desk.

           How dare he claimed me as his property. I don’t care, I am not going to be his property. I am a Lycanthrope, not an object.

          “Don’t treat me like your object!” I hissed at him. He stopped, ears twitching as he heard my voice. He didn’t turn back towards me but tilted his head to the side so his captivating eyes leered at me.

          “Feisty, aren’t you?” he said, laughing in a mocking tone as he walked out of the room. I ran my hand in my hair, gripping it tightly as I sighed, trying to relax. I put my head down and then an eruption of mumbles filled the silent air.

      “Wow..Vladimir..he’s so cool..”
      “Wish he could have claimed me as his object..”
      “That damn lamb, can’t even worship him..”
       “Piece of shit…”

          My ears twitched at the voice of my classmates. Then, suddenly, Mr. Stevenson bang his desk with a stapler. Everyone, including me, turned our attention onto him.

         “Be quiet. Take out your history textbook. We’re going to learn about the Christianity in Russia.” he said. I could see the invisible fumes radiating off of his red curls. He seemed annoyed by Vladimir’s appearance. Anyone would. I shook my head and slap my face to wake myself up.

         Beneath the desk, I took out a large textbook, the shape of Russia was carved symbolically on the cover of the textbook. I ran my fingers on the shape. Mr. Stevenson turned around with a smaller book in his hand.

      “Turn to page 140. Start reading from there and take notes.” he ordered strictly. I heard the students sighed. The tone of their sigh felt like they didn’t want to do this. Honestly, I didn’t either. First I was inducted in here to become a bait in order to mend the history between the race of the werewolves and the race of the vampires. Now I’m studying the history of Russia? I hate studying.