fourtyfour

Julia took some last pictures of the changing room of Chelsea in the Ethihad Stadium. The brunette girl was more than nervous to see Phil for the first time again. If she could, Julia would like to hide anywhere so he wouldn't notice her. But that was impossible. Phil was looking out for her anyway. He changed specially fast to have some more time to search for her.
Well, it didn't took him too long. Julia was waiting nervously in front of the changing room. Phil decided to just act like he was going to get something out of their changing lockers.
"Oh hey Julia. Didn't guess to see you here." He pretend to be surprised.
"Hey Phil. I'm just waiting for them to finish." She answered, playing with her bracelet.
"I see. How are you doing?"
"I'm good, what about you?"
"I'm doing alright." He answered, not knowing what to say anymore. Phil didn't want to push her to anything she wouldn't want. He still hoped she would make the first move some time.
"I'll go back then, see you around." Phil said to her and made his way back. Jules hesitated at first, but then turned around again.
"Good luck on the pitch, Phil."
"Thank you." He slightly smiled. That was something, which really motivated him hearing it from Julia.

Not too long after that, the players were done changing and they all went to warm themselves up. Julia sat down on the bench again, editing some videos for their story. She was glad that Joey was there too. Otherwise she wouldn't have someone to talk to through the whole game. The first half ended with one goal for Manchester City. Again it was Erling Haaland, who showed off his skills on the field. It was something Julia already had predicted. She thought City would win, but still stayed optimistic for Chelsea. They didn't let Manchester win easily.

The second half was very intense. Chelsea was close to scoring several times, but it didn't work out for them. Phil also got subbed in for Jack. And that was not a good thing for Chelsea. He scored the second goal for Manchester City in the 69' minute. His teammates and him celebrated in front of their fans. Phil looked at her shortly, as he was going back to their side of the field. Julia couldn't help but to smile a little bit, but at the end of the game her smile fainted yet again.

It was the 81' minute when City once again was about to score a goal. Phil received the ball, wanting to pass it to Erling, but before he could've done that, he was brutally fouled by Thiago Silva. It seemed to be getting more serious when he couldn't stand up and the paramedics had to carry him off the pitch. The worries from Julia were clearly visible to see by her facial expressions. If she could, she probably would went up to him. But she wasn't allowed to. She just hoped that it wasn't something too fatal as the game went one for the last minutes.