28.

hello everyone!
before we start with this chapter, i want to let you know that this part has a lot of long speeches (and is quite emotional, at least it was for me).
hopefully you still like and enjoy reading it. have fun!!

our gender reveal party was super cute.
after finding out the gender of our baby boy, we went back inside and were welcomed by tons of blue ballons.

outside, we hugged everyone and thanked them after congratulating us.

inside, we had a big cake which said
baby boy gavira
on top of it.
next to the cake, lots of other blue sweets.

as soon as we all got inside, my fiancé and i were standing behind the cake.

„así que, ahora que sabemos que tendremos un principito en nuestra familia, tenemos otra sorpresa para ti, pero primero, queremos que cortes el pastel. (so, now that we know that we will have a little prince in our familiy, we have another surprise for you, but first, we want you to cut the cake.), aurora, my sister-in law started.

both of us taking the knife together, literally practicing for our wedding day.

we cut the cake and pulled one piece out of it and placed it onto a plate and showed the inside to everyone:
deep blue.

i cannot tell you how it feels to have a little gavi running around in only a few months.

everyone had a piece of cake before it got to the little surprise.

„porque todos sabemos que este niño va a crecer sólo con el fútbol, y sabemos que este niño va a tener muchos de esos, pero queríamos ser los primeros en regalártelo. (because we all know that this little boy is going to be growing up with football only, and we know that this boy is going to have plenty of those, but we wanted to be the first ones to gift it to you.)", aurora said as soon as it got quiet.

she got a box and walked towards us placing it onto our table.
„ábrelo. (open it.)" she said smiling brightly.

we opened the box and what i saw in their, were the tiniest things i've ever seen.

the tiniest barcelona jersey, and the tiniest football shoes. the jersey, of course, had the number 30 on the back, but instead of gavi it said:
mamá y papá favorito (mums and dads favorite)

isn't that like the cutest thing?? and the shoes omg. they were so tiny.

nobody else saw it yet, they just saw our reaction, and it was emotional.
EVEN MY FIANCÉ STARTED TO TEAR UP.

we took the shoes and the jersey out of the box so that everyone could see it.
a million awws filled the room.

we stood up and gave aurora a big hug.
i was so lucky to have this family.

we got a few other gifts - just some shirts or some toys. but the day sadly came to an end. but before that, our mothers had a super emotional speech. together.

hola a todos. soy la madre de adriana.
(hello everyone. i am the mother of adriana.)

y soy la madre de pablo. y estamos muy orgullosos de los dos y no podemos esperar a ser abuelas.
(and i am the mother of pablo. and we are so proud of both of you and can't wait to be grandma's.)

Adriana y yo tuvimos un pasado muy duro, lo cual es mi culpa en este momento, porque después del divorcio de ella y el padre de pedri y yo, tomamos un hijo y nos fuimos. Este fue el mayor error que he cometido, y algo de lo que me arrepentiré toda mi vida. Perdí a Adriana cuando tenía solo 3 años, pero incluso con sus 3 años, siempre me decía: mamá quiero ser mamá yo misma. estaba claro que ella era la mejor madre que jamás existió. y esto se está haciendo realidad en pocos meses. adriana, estoy muy orgullosa de ti, como pasaste por la vida sin mamá tú misma. y ahora, con 19 años, serás la mejor mamá. pablo, te quiero como a mi propio hijo. gracias por cuidar de ella, incluso en los momentos más difíciles. os quiero tanto a los dos. mi nieto, es muy afortunado de tenerte como sus padres. gracias.
(adriana and i had a very hard past, which is all my fault at this point, because after the divorce of her and pedri's dad and i, we each took a child and left. this was the biggest mistake i ever did, and something i will regret my whole life. i lost adriana when she was only 3, but even with her three years old, she always told me: mum i want to be a mum myself. it was clear that she was the best mother to ever exist. and this is coming true in a few months. adriana, i am so proud of you, how you went through life without a mum yourself. and now, with 19 years, you will be the best mum. pablo, i love you like my own son. thank you for taking care of her, even in the toughest times. i love both of you so much. my little grandson, is so lucky to have you as his parents. thank you.)