Chapter 2

"This better be fucking worth it." You announced as you opened the doors to the meeting room, everyone's eyes turning to you in shock. Some gaping at you as Clint smiled knowingly.

"Y- Y/n?" Wanda asked, mostly to herself as she didn't expect you'd actually show.

"Why am I here, Banner?" You sighed, ignoring the redhead and began setting your things down on the table as you took a seat with a loud sigh.

"We need your help programming my project." You let a short, humorous laugh as you gave him an 'are you serious' look.

"Bullshit. You can do that on your own with no faults." You scoffed, shaking your head.

The others shared a look which you caught, furrowing your eyebrows in confusion as you watched them move uncomfortably in their seats. "What?"

"Y/n we... we have," Steve cleared his throat and looked at Clint who gave him a reassuring nod to continue, "We have a possible new recruit and we need your help training and-"

"Stop right there." You warned, rising from your seat as your hands held the table, gripping it tightly as your anger grew, mostly at yourself for letting them fool you again. "You're trying to use me," You laughed in disbelief, looking each one of them in the eye before you continued, "you want me to help you train a replacement for me?"

"Y/n, let us explain." Wanda tried, her tone calm as her eyes held contact with your own.

"No! I've done everything for you!" You hit the table with your closed fist, the others flinching, "Everything!" You spat, shaking your head as you looked down, "I put my life on the line, time and time again, I left everything behind. All of it!" You yelled as they all stayed silent, too afraid of saying the wrong thing, or too afraid to say anything at all. "I've done everything for all of you, and what do I get in return?" You didn't wait for an answer and they knew you weren't looking for one from them, so they let you continue. "Nothing." Your voice was quieter this time around as tears pricked at your eyes but you wouldn't allow them to escape, not in front of them and not on your own.

"And as for you," You pointed at Clint, scoffing as you looked at him with disgust, "You let them use me once more. You lied to me, telling me a shit ton of bullshit with your little act, just to use me."

"Y/n, it's not like that." He tried but you didn't want to hear it, you weren't going to hear it.

"Isn't it?" you shrugged, gesturing to everyone who was seated around the large table, "all of you used me as some puppet for entertainment, pulling my strings to get some reaction from me. Not this time," You shook your head, meaning each word you said, "I'm finished with all of you." You looked back to Clint, continuing, "Especially you." You told him before you grabbed your bag and stormed out of the room.

This was on you, and you knew that. You held the hope that they had changed, that they might spare some sympathy for you, think highly of you this time around, but you were wrong. Maybe you were overreacting but it hit you hard after what they had done to you this first time around, and now they wanted you to train a possible new recruit who would take your place like you were never there. They were nothing without you and they made that clear after running for your help, wanting your abilities to be passed down to said recruit. You were treated like a joke to them and you hated yourself for letting them.

"That was... a lot." You heard a voice from behind you when you walked through the living quarters to leave the building. You stopped in your step, turning to the person who had spoken. "I'm guessing you're Y/n?" She questioned warily, offering you a small smile.

"What's that supposed to mean?" You shot back, your eyebrows furrowed as you took one step closer to her.

"Nothing, nothing, just they had a lot of talk about you and how you'd be the one to train me." She spoke as she fiddled with her hands in her lap, she seemed awkward about it, possibly nervous for this new opportunity.

"You're in for one hell of a ride if you take this offer. You won't get far." You told her and her mouth opened to say something but stopped herself when you had already walked off, heading for the stairs.

You drove away from the tower in a car you had rented, speeding down the broken roads and prepared for your drive over to Queens. The area you had rented a small apartment in advance before leaving Sydney.

Later that night you were sitting in silence in the kitchen, your head in your hands as your thoughts soared. An empty tub of ice cream beside you with the empty wrappers of candy that you had bought yourself in the airport, an half empty bottle of wine that you had been drinking from to your left that you would occasionally sip from when you felt like making some sort of movement.

You were past tipsy but you weren't out of it, not yet anyway. You stayed silent, letting the quietness eat at you, not caring about the ache in your heart from the people you once called family. The people you could once turn to with all your problems became the main reason for them, all whilst they sat back and picked at you for fun.

After giving yourself the silent treatment, you got up and cleared the table, throwing all the empty tubs and wrappers into the trash as you took the bottle of wine in your hand and nearly emptied the rest when you brought it to your lips. Making your way to the bedroom, you stopped when you heard a knock at your door. You didn't know if it was the alcohol playing with you or if it was actually there but you went to the door to answer anyway.