Chapter 26

"I'm jealous that you're so good at that." Kate whispered, her hair sticking to her head from the dampness of sweat, the two of you lay under the covers with very very little clothing- none at that.

"Why?" You chuckled but it came out more like a breath, running your fingers lightly above her eyebrows, her head against your chest below your chin.

"It proves how much experience you have."

"Are you calling me a whore?" You giggled, stopping your movement for a moment as your chest moved slightly from the noise leaving you.

"No, just that maybe you and a previous partner were very... active. And the idea of that is unsettling, jealous worthy if I must say," you picked up the light movements, her expression immediately relaxing at your touch, "How many exes do you even have?"

"Only one serious one, one more that was just for fun, so two."

"And that 'fun' gave you this experience?" You could hear the jealousy in her voice as she huffed a little.

"Ehh," You moved your hand in a tipping motion, like a seesaw, squinting one eye closed, "it was involved but the fun was based on sneaking around, dates and work."

"Work?" She sat up, turning to face you, "you were with another avenger?" She was gaping at you now, waiting for an answer.

"No, no, I was only 17 by the time I left, they were much older than I was."

"Spiderman wasn't." She mused, looking off to the side with squinted eyes, trying to figure it out.

"I didn't date Spiderman," you laughed, thinking how ridiculous that would be to you, "it was a girl called AJ, we were in high school and work made it exciting for her I guess. The team met her, she got involved with me, possibly a little too much, and the rest is history."

"How long did it last?" She questioned, laying back into you.

"7 months." You shrugged a little, not seeing it as a great amount of time.

"That's a lot for a non-serious relationship."

She may have been right, but to both you and your ex, AJ, it was known that it was never going anywhere. You didn't even love each other, you both knew that at the time and never felt the need to think of it as something wrong.

"What about you?"

She thought for a moment, silence filling the room as she did, before she spoke up.

"Just you, I've had a few almosts, but they never went further than we wanted." You nodded slowly, listening to her speak. Her breath hit your chest when she sighed, ready to sit up.

"Where are you going?" She turned to look at you over her shoulder, a smirk on her face.

"Why? Are you going to miss me?" She teased, wiggling her eyebrows in the process before she stood up, throwing on some clothes- not checking if they were yours or hers - before walking to the bathroom, calling over her shoulder, "shower."

Three hours passed, the two of you showered and were now ordering food from the menu provided with the hotel service. You let Kate choose, not being so hungry yourself so it saved you the time to be picky with your choices.

She ordered some food for the two of you, some wine to go along with it and they said everything will be ready shortly. So that left the two of you done for the day, after eating of course but that was all that needed to be done before you were both able to get some sleep.

The house would be ready by the end of the week which was only 5 days away from now and that's when the two of you could move on with your lives; a fresh start.