Chapter 15

"Yeah she has like the biggestttt," Yelena opened her arms, wide out to her sides to show you how clear she was being, "crush on you. It is too obvious." She shrugged, dropping her arms to her side and you shook your head with a sigh.

"You need to stay in your own world, Yelena." She gaped at you, ready to say something but the knock at the door stopped her, making her turn to answer it.

"It's your girlfriend!" She cheered, speaking to Kate as she pointed over to you. Kate's cheeks now flushed, her hands held awkwardly in front of her with a smile the same way; awkward.

"Yelena, she's not my girlfriend." You answered for the both of you and Kate nodded in agreement, walking so slowly to the couch it was almost like she was shuffling her feet.

"Ha! Okay!" She scoffed, heading to the fridge to get herself anything she could find, "where is it?" She mumbled to herself, making you turn around with a questioning look.

"What?"

"Hot sauce." She stated simply, closing the door with a huff and leaving the apartment with not more words coming from her.

"Interesting." Kate hummed, glancing at you slightly and noticed how you didn't react to Yelena leaving in such a weird way.

Friends played in the background from when Yelena was watching it not even 20 minutes before she left, she was most likely going to rant about how it was rude that no one paused it for her but you were too lazy to change the show; only pressing play on Friends.

Kate enjoyed it too, not as much as Yelena, but a little more than you did so it kept her busy for a little while. That was until she started sighing loudly every 3 minutes hoping you would catch on, and you did the second she let out the second sigh but you didn't think to say anything about it.

Clint had told you he was ready when you were, you told him you were running a little late, meaning you were ready when Yelena turned up out of the blue again or when she gave you the go ahead, or even when Kate goes home. It was a lot to think about, but you knew you couldn't have Kate around for this. Not because she talked highly of Clint, her childhood hero as she liked to call him, but because you didn't want her to see you as someone that acts without reason. Possibly even become afraid of you.

There was too much to lose, even if it was just your friend, but you couldn't risk her being around for it. Sure, you lost friends before, including the ones so close to you that you once considered family, but as much as you hated to admit it, Kate was the one friend you couldn't let look at you and be disgusted, frightened or just with hate. You knew she loved Clint, she never had to find out about you being involved with Yelena's plan, Yelena made it clear she wouldn't tell Kate and if she ever were to she would allow you to kill her on the spot although she told you time and time again that wasn't possible.

That's all besides the point, the point was, you cared deeply for Kate and even the label of a 'friend' didn't feel like enough but it also felt like you were pushing said label with too much luck. You knew she wanted to be your friend, following you around and turning up randomly wherever you were was enough to figure that out, so you easily assumed that's what she now was to you: a friend.

Some may say, *cough* Yelena *cough*, that there was something more with the two of you, mostly from Kate's side but enough from your side to make it questionable. You found this ridiculous, unbelievable and just straight up bull, that only being because you never caught yourself smiling at her name, although everyone else around you did. You never caught yourself watching her with such interest, she did. And you never allowed yourself to feel what you really did for the girl, covering your real feelings with hate and so much annoyance that it made your feelings go unnoticed by you.

"You do that a lot." Kate's words snapped you from your thoughts, making you blink a couple times before processing what she said.

"Do what?" You questioned her, looking at her on your right for a moment before clearing your throat and watching the tv once more.

"Zone out," you went to say something to fight against it but when she put her hand up to stop you, you narrowed your eyes at her and fell silent, letting her speak, "and don't say that it's not true because you bite the corner of your lip every time you do." She pointed at you, almost like she was scolding you but you just found yourself laughing at her attempt to sound like another with the voice she put on.

She smiled softly at you, loving the sound of your laugh whilst the show in the background was completely forgotten by her. Your laughter died down, turning your gaze back to said show, a smile still present on your face. "Truth or dare?" She asked you quietly and your face scrunched in confusion, looking at her.

"I told you, I don't play Tr-"

"Truth or dare?" She repeated, her head tilted to the side a little and you sighed before replying.

"I dare you to reciprocate."

"What?" You asked her but your thoughts were stopped, your question being answered, your heart skipping a beat when she leaned forward and captured your lips with hers. Her hands cupping your cheeks as she kissed you softly, your hand moving to her thigh whilst your other held her hip when you did exactly what she told you to; reciprocate.