Chapter 27

Play the game.

That's what you were good at, right? You were great at game- maybe not Jenga but who cares- this was serious. Live or leave.

Just play the game.

So you had, 1 month in now, in your home with Kate and Lucky, playing the game she had been a part in. A big part. The main part.

What choice did you have? None. You played her games, acting like you hadn't a clue about her antics and you were great, you were really fucking great.

The two of you had made some adjustments with your home, made some friends here and there, even some invitations to the biggest parties of the year. You hated it.

How could she act like she was doing nothing?

It burned at you each second of the slow days that past, it burned your veins, boiled your blood and almost crushed your teeth.

But she was so sweet.

Sweet like icing, bright as the flares of the sun, soft as a fur coat- and not the itchy kind. She took your feelings, wrapped them around herself like a sheet of silk, hugging her figure so tightly that you could almost feel herself in you.

And not it that way you nasty fuckers.

She was perfection to say the least, not a single flaw on her, never to be seen no matter how hard you looked. Flawless. . .

Until they were handed to you through an email.

"Are we thinking Fruit Loops or Crunchy Nut?" She turned to you, both boxes in each of her hands, her face thought in soft wonder.

"Hmm," you pondered, tapping your chin as your elbows rested on the kitchen island, "whatever you want, baby."

"Fruit Loops," She whispered, her tone high with excitement when her face scrunched as she grinned.

So she poured herself a bowl, sitting down across from you where you were already eating a bowl of Cornflakes. Lucky jogged happily into the kitchen, his tail wagging as his feet tapped the tiles below him. Kate greeted him with pats to his head when he pushed her leg with his face, wanting attention.

The sun set, the last oranges and pinks painted the sky, the last of the sun's light seeping through the windows of the living room coating the place in an orange shine. It hit her eyes so perfectly that they had never looked brighter to you, never looked so delicate.

It made her look so precious, so small and vulnerable like a fawn curled up in a winter season. Her smile grew softly, matching the softness of her eyes when she caught you staring, but the notice didn't make you look away.

In those moments, you had forgotten the email entirely, the alcohol swishing in your veins making you almost floppy. She really was beautiful.

She was beautiful the same way spring was beautiful.

The bright color of her eyes, the softness of her skin like it had never been touched. Just like an untouched dandelion. Perfectly round and fluffy, waiting to be picked at used as a wish. A remake of the previous bright yellow, a dead plant that gave kids so much hope and joy.

She made you feel like that kid. So excited and so oblivious to the cruelty of the world.

She was spring, the one that always held the most beauty out of all the other seasons.

You liked the cold, you loved winter more than anything, the coldness forcing you under layers with hot beverages clutched in your grasp with your breath visible in the iciness of the cold.

You loved it yet you grew to love spring more.

And it pained you.

It hurt you so much that you would never dare to speak the words until the news was out, until she proved it wrong. How you wanted it to be so wrong.

You needed this with her.

"What are you looking at?" She asked with a giggle, a hint of red setting on her cheeks as she smiled.

"I thought I saw some house elves behind you," you shrugged, a smirk hitting your lips when she narrowed her eyes, "must be seeing things."

"You are such an asshole." She laughed, taking her legs off your lap to climb closer to you. Wrapping her arms around your neck, she moved the cover over herself so the heat between you combined.

An asshole. Oh how she loved calling you that. She never meant it seriously, that had always been clear to you and yet the so-called 'insult' always made you smile.

"They were quite cute," you defended, laughing now, "how could I ever look away?"

"Because I was right in front of you, duh."

"Oh really? Sorry, I got distracted." She pulled back, glaring at you and all you could do was smile innocently back at her.

"Asshole." She scowled before leaning in, capturing your lips with hers. A slow yet meaningful kiss was shared, nothing but pure feelings seemed through, heading straight to your heart, "I'm so in love with you, Y/n."

Dear Y/n L/n,

I have been trying to reach you for the past 2 months. As your old friend, your old boss, I regret to inform you that was have found some deep information that needs to be shared with you.

Your life is at risk.

Hyrda agents have known your whereabouts and have been tracking you since you arrived back in the States. They are taking it slowly this time, they're much smarter than we dealt with. They know what they're doing, Agent.

You need to take this email seriously. You have two choices, change your identity and remove any trace of Y/n L/n or let me help you take them down for the very last time.

We found this information when we were about to hire a new recruit, she turned down the offer the second you left without any further conversation so we tracked her.

She was the one to give your information over to Hydra, everything. She informed them of your arrival and they tracked you down right to an address.

I must say L/n, a silly excuse from a girl you never knew was never enough to convince our Y/n. How do you think she got your address?

Short answer: Hydra.

Kate Bishop.

The name of the woman who handed you to the wolves without a care.

Take care, you were always one of our best.

- Nicholas J. Fury.

"You're lucky I love you too, Bishop."

Love really was a game.

The End.

And that's thatttt! I'm not sure if I like this story, but thank all of you for reading anyways!

Love you all!