Chapter 19

The weeks passed by, everyone went their separate ways from what you knew, Yelena was nowhere to be found, Clint went back to his family after he was certain Yelena wouldn't come back to try and find him and Kate was.. Well, you didn't know, you didn't try to know.

Work was the same, quiet yet an escape, or an excuse to be doing something other than sitting in your apartment all day long. Jacob became one of your only friends, even outside of work. The two of you would hang out at each other's place whenever your schedules aligned. You worked Monday to Friday, having the weekends to yourself as the store was closed on Sunday's.

Things were exactly how your old self would want it to be, calm, unbothered, peaceful, yet the version of yourself that knew Kate felt lost and agitated.

You needed to forget her, that was clear, but even after the month that had passed, you just couldn't.

There was so much you needed to get done, for starters, packing. You needed to lean your apartment to have everything right so you could pack your bags and leave like the many times you've done before.

Was it the right decision? Maybe not. But you had no reason to be here any longer. Sure you had a job here but they're only things that come and go, like the cafe you worked in with Mr Doyley, it was fun whilst you had it but it was never anything to keep.

You had an idea of where to go, England maybe, possibly France, there was many great things you heard about each of the two but you couldn't yet decide which one you wanted; Which best suited you.

The idea of Cuba also crossed your mind, you were almost set on the decision until you did more research around the globe to find somewhere that felt more like you.

The first thing you got done was packing, getting everything you had brought with you from Australia back into boxes and suitcases, almost like they lived there instead of a home from the amount you seemed to move.

There was one item you could never bring yourself to throw out. It was a picture from when you were an avenger. You stood in the middle of the group next to Wanda and Tony, Tony had your head in a headlock as he had his knuckles on the top of your head pulling a fake angry face as your mouth hung open in faux shock, Wanda had her hands up, cheering, with a bright smile on her face. Natasha stood closer to Steve, the two pulling funny faces at the camera, Nat's hands out in front of her like a fake gun, Steve's on the top of his head which made them look like antlers. Thor was to the right of the picture, flexing his muscles with a proud look on his face whilst Bruce stood behind you and Tony, being taken off guard when the camera flashed, capturing the look of concern on his face. Clint was beside Bruce, being caught mid laugh at the joke that was cracked by Thor and the last one was Peter. He was taking the picture, selfie style, his finger pointing to the group behind him with his mouth open, like he was a surprised fan.

The memory of that day was something you couldn't forget, you were glad you had a picture to remember the events of that day. No matter how happy the memory was, it brought a tear to your eye knowing no matter how much you could forgive them, it wouldn't be the same. The avengers were no more, Clint told you that at the meal. They tried to keep it together, tried to get you back.

Nat was gone, Tony was gone and you found out Steve went off to live his life not long after you turned down their offer. Wanda was nowhere to be found, Bruce was living his life, Clint was retired and you were there but not with them. The avengers fell apart after the snap.

You were their last chance.

The one thing that you could forgive yourself for was fighting alongside them against Thanos. No one recognized you with your disguise, it wasn't much, a suit change along with an added mask making you go unnoticeable to anyone who would see you.

That was the last thing you ever did for them before slipping away right after Tony snapped his fingers to be safe.

You were on the last box, filling it with the pictures you had kept along with some other things like candles you only kept because they looked nice.

You needed to decide where you were going to go so you could book a flight to wherever that may be.Taking that into consideration, you opened your computer and began looking for flight tickets to either France or England.