Chapter 3

"Oh, it's you." You grumbled, walking away from the open door, taking another sip from the bottle you had clutched in your hand.

"Does that mean I can come in or.." she trailed off, gesturing to the open door and you looked at her in question, not thinking she was serious. Clearing her throat, she stepped inside and slowly closed the door behind her, turning the lock as she did.

"Why are you here, kid?" You asked, slumping down on your couch as she stood awkwardly in front of you.

"For starters I don't think I count as 'kid' when you're older than me by like 2 years," You cocked a brow, wondering how she knew that and then she came to you, taking the bottle from your hand like an angry mother, "and secondly, it's always polite to share." She took the bottle to her lips, drinking it as you watched her in amusement.

"I didn't offer for a reason." You rolled your eyes as you slumped lower into your seat, tilting your head back as you looked up at the ceiling. "Are you going to explain or not?" You asked, not bothering to look at her.

"I was coming to apologize for them, but after everything I heard you say, I don't think someone should be apologizing on their behalf if they never meant it to start with."

"Okay, you changed your mind about apologizing before you got here but you still arrived, why?" She was silent for a moment and you lifted your head back up, seeing her still standing, "Why are you still standing? Sit down." You laughed lightly, taking the bottle back from her.

"Oh, right." She brushed her hands on her pants and took a seat on the couch adjacent to you. For a somewhat cheap apartment, it was quite spacious. It held enough room for your small amount of belongings and that was enough for you, the two couches would have been a bigger bonus if you had any friends here but once you left last time, you left everyone behind with it.

"I came to say that... after hearing you, you know, yell at them and everything, I think it's best if I stay out of it. I mean sure, it holds a big opportunity, but I remember watching the news every day in high school, seeing you in action and admiring how great of a bond everyone had but it's clear something major has happened to change that. So I think I'm going to help in my own ways." You stayed silent, not knowing what to say but you heard her bracelets hitting together with a small clink which told you she was fidgeting, just as she did back in the tower. "I'm sorry, I talk a lot more than I should when I'm nervous." She chuckled awkwardly and you sighed, lifting your head up from the back of the couch.

"You'd be ruining your life if you joined them." You settled on your reply after some thought as you moved your gaze to her eyes. "You're making the right choice." You were thanking everything that you were a calm drunk and not the type to be loud, the type to cry or the ones who just wanted to dance at every noise. Sure you had more confidence, but you had that anyway so there wasn't a big change in that. You knew yourself and how much of a certain drink would make you act.

"Do you still have it?" She whispered after a moment of silence, her eyes moving to your side profile in curiosity.

"Have what?" You asked, unsure of what the girl meant.

"The blade." Her voice was barely a whisper this time around, watching her words carefully in hope she's not stepping over any boundaries. You stood up silently, making your way to the bedroom where you opened the closet door, moving some of your things to the side as you searched for said blade.

She stayed seated on the couch, not knowing what you were doing as she thought she had asked you the wrong thing but a wave of relief washed over her as you walked back in, a black item in your hand. "What's your name?" You asked her, not having got it before as you held the item in your hand.

"Kate." She told you with a small smile, you stiffly nodded your head and held out the black, empty handle as you handed it to her. "This is it?" She asked you, a smile creeping up to her lips and you nodded silently, leaning over to the table to finish off the rest of the wine. "This is so cool!" The tone of her voice showed she was ecstatic, shaking her head in disbelief as her words failed her. She held it out, examining it and you looked at her questionably as you wondered why she wasn't doing anything with it. "you were Ladyjade! You are Ladyjade." She corrected as she looked at you, her eyes filled with excitement and admiration.

"Here." You took it from her hands, clicking in the unnoticeable black button at the top of the handle and a large, jade colored blade came out. The colors glistening from the light above your head as you looked at the old katana, memories from your times using this very reliable weapon came back. You handed it back over to Kate who stared down in awe as she looked at it in disbelief.

"It's really you." She whispered to herself, examining the shining colors of the green blade, moving it carefully as she took in the moment. Never believing she would ever have the opportunity.

She left shortly after that, leaving after she thanked you a million times over for giving her the opportunity to even see your weapon, let alone holding it. You cleared up your mess, washing a few dishes that needed to be cleaned and threw out the now empty bottle of wine before you had a shower and climbed into the comfort of your new bed.