Chapter 2

Winnie's POV

I wake up from the best sleep of my life, I reach for Abel hoping to get another round of love making. I still can't believe we are really mates.
Goddess, thank you. I already love him. He is mine forever now, No more Aubrey.
I smile at that lost thought. I don't feel him laying beside me, I sit up looking over my room hoping he is in the bathroom but he is gone.

Well he is soon to be the Alpha, So maybe he had something he had to do. I get up shower and get ready for the day when I feel a sharp pain in my stomach. I brush it off and go looking for Abel. I get closer to his room when the pain gets worse, like I can't walk anymore. I fall to the floor when Cain comes out running out of his room that is right next to Aubrey's. He looks at me, runs to me and asks "What is wrong?"
I say to him "I don't know. Do you know where Abel is? He is my mate, maybe he can help?"
Cain says "No, but let's check his room."

Cain opens Abel's door, I instantly know why my pain now and my heart breaks. I cry and ask "Why Abel? Was I really not good enough?"
He doesn't even stop, He just says "Leave us alone."
Cain closes the door, picks me up and takes me to the pack doctor. Cain tells the doctor what is happening and asks if there is anything he can give me to sleep until Abel is done?
The doctor says to me "Yeah. I am so sorry this is happening to you Winnie, you don't deserve this."
I just cry. I don't have the energy to say anything else but before he can give me the pain stops completely. I collapse and tell Cain  "It is over."
He nods his head and tells me to rest. That is the last thing I hear before it is all black.

———————————————-

Cain POV

I look at Winnie while she sleeps.
Goddess she is beautiful. I wish she was my mate but she clearly isn't. There are no sparks when we touch. Well, no more than before I turned 18. I don't understand because I truly thought she was my mate. I prayed to the Moon Goddess that she is my mate too but I guess not.
Justice, my wolf says  "I don't care if she isn't our mate. I want her whether she is our true mate or not. I want her. I want to protect her. I want her to be mine and only mine."
I nod my head in agreement. I tell Justice "We can make her ours if you want."
He then agrees. So I decide once she wakes up and deals with Abel we will ask her to be ours.