Chapter 4

Able's POV

I woke up next to Audrey, even though, she isn't my mate. It feels right to wake up next to her, It doesn't matter what everyone else says about her. I love her and only her. She makes me happy. I lean over and brush her hair out of her face. I smile and lean down and kiss her forehead as I unwrap myself from the blankets and climb out of bed. I put my black T-shirt back on.

I decided I would go and make Aubrey breakfast before really anyone else got up. I walk down into the pack house kitchen as I get a pan and eggs.
As I am cooking scrambled eggs for Aubrey, I feel arms wrap around me and I smile. I know who it is instantly.
"Why aren't you in bed?"
"I wanted to make you breakfast"

She keeps her arms wrapped around me and she buries her face into my shoulder.
I was enjoying my time with her until I heard my dad say something.

I pull myself away from Aubrey as she runs upstairs so it's just me and my father now.
"So you aren't gonna look for your mate?"
"No dad. I love Aubrey. No-one compares."
"You don't know that."
"Don't you believe in chosen mates?"
"Yes, But you didn't try to find your true mate."

I notice out of the corner of my eye that Winnie comes from downstairs. I hear League say
"Mate. Go too mate."
I shake my head as I look at my dad.
"I love Aubrey Dad, I don't care if she isn't my mate!"
"So you are just going to turn your back on your mate?"
"Aubrey is my mate!"
"No she isn't. You need to embrace your true mate. The Moon Goddess gave you your mate for a reason."
"Then the Moon Goddess made a mistake. I don't want Winnie. I want Aubrey."

I turn back and move the pan to the other burner so the eggs don't burn and turn back to my father but instead I see Winnie. I was curious about what she wanted sy first but then I heard her say
"I, Winnie Jones, Reject thee Able Adams, As my mate."

I hear League growl as Winnie walks away from both my father and me into my brother's arms. She kisses him and they head upstairs. My dad then turns to me and gives me a look of disappointment. He has loved Winnie since her whole family became apart of the Blue Moon pack. He even hoped, She was the mate of him or his brother.

Jason sighed as he walked away from his son and back upstairs, Most likely back to his  Abel's mom, Katherine's room.
Now, It was just Abel and his thoughts. He heard League go quiet since he saw Winnie with his brother, Cain.

"League? Are you there?"
No answer.
"League?"
No answer.
"League please."
No answer.
"League, You can't leave. I need you."
No answer.
League was gone.

Abel just lost everything. His wolf, his dad, his brother. All because he chose the one he loves over his given mate. He was being punished just because he loved Aubrey more than Winnie.
Now for the first time in a long time, Able felt truly alone.