Chapter 19

Winnie's POV

I walked back into the pack house, I had just finished training. Max and I had been working and training together. It's been great. He says I'm getting stronger. Which is good because I want to be able to protect myself and my kids. 

It's been 10 years. I don't know if I can deprive Cain and Abel of their kids any longer, Justine and Legend are both 9 now. Max thinks I should go back to at least let Cain and Abel meet them and then let the kids decide whether they want to stay with their fathers or not. 

I don't know if I can see them both yet. Especially seeing them both with their chosen mates. I bet they are all happy together. I bet they don't even miss me. 
"Momma!" 

I look behind me and see Justine running towards me, I bend down and she runs into my arms. I pick her up and swing her around as her little laughs fill my ears. I look over and see Max sitting on the couch with Legend. Legend was laughing as Max tickled him. 

Both of them love Max, I am so happy that I have Max, Max reminds me so much of Liam. I miss Liam so much. 

I then hear my phone ring. I look at Justine and set her down. 
"Hey Sweetie, Can you go over with Uncle Max for a minute?" 
"Sure Mama" 

I laugh as she waddles like a penguin over to Max. I look at the screen and see Jason calling me. I and Jason have been staying up to date, Jason knows about my kids but I made him keep it a secret. 
"Yes, Jason?" 
"Uh Winnie, I know you've been happy and I'm sorry to bring bad news but your dad was injured during a pack fight and I know you aren't ready to come home just yet but I suggest you come home soon, The doctor said he's in critical condition. I'm sorry Winnie." 

I am stunned as I hang up. My dad means a lot to me, He and my mom both do. I need to go home. I have to see him. 

______________

I walked downstairs with two packed bags. I have Max behind me, Max is going with me, He doesn't want me to be alone with Cain and Abel. You see, Max doesn't trust Cain or Abel, Especially with Justine and Legend. 

Justine and Legend are walking behind me with their small bags. I smile when I see Max come out of his room from upstairs. 
"You ready?" 

Justine and Legend nod. Max and I look at each other and laugh. 

____________

We pull up to the pack house, Max and I get out and then get the kids out. Justine was bouncing around and Legend just seemed happy.

I see the door open and Jason walks out as Justine runs up to him. I told them about Jason and they started to call him
"Papa Jason". They even talked to him a few times when he called me. 
"Papa Jason!" 

Then I saw them, Cain and Abel. They came to the door like they wanted to see who was at the door. Max wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

Here we go.