Chapter 17

Winnie's POV

As I am heading home I keep thinking I don't want to go back and face Cain and Trinity.  It would be so humiliating to go from Luna to nothing plus I would have to see them be all loving while I am still in love with him. I know I am not strong enough for that.  

However I promised the Moon Goddess I would go back and try to forgive Abel and Cain but how can I do that when Abel is with Aubrey and Cain is with Trinity?  Honestly, Do I want to put myself through that? Ugh. I don't know anymore.  

All I know at this point is I am not strong enough to face Cain and Trinity. What if I go to another pack, get stronger, become a wolf who can protect herself and her kids and maybe have a career then go back?  I like this plan now, just which pack to go to. I don't know if I can make that decision because I don't know the packs well enough so I call Cassie.

(Winnie. Cass/Seb)

Hey Cass, I am calling because I decided to not go back home just yet.  However, I want to go to another pack to learn to be on my own and become stronger.  Can you help me choose the best one?

Of course, I love this plan.  Let's get Sebastian involved because he knows the Alpha well.  

Okay sounds great!

What's up, Winnie?

I tell him all I said to Cassie.

Well, I think you should go to the Midnight pack with Alpha Max.  He is really strong.  He just lost his Luna so he could probably use the help from a previous Luna without the relationship aspect of the position.  

That sounds wonderful, Thanks, Seb.

No problem, let me call him and ask him if that is okay before you just show up.  

Great Seb. Talk to you soon. 
_____________

I continue my drive but I decide to head towards the Midnight pack even though Seb hasn't called me back. I just know this is going to happen. I can feel it in my bones. At that thought, Sebastian calls me.

So I talked to Max and he agreed the help would be nice.  He also wants you to train so you can help protect the pack. His mate did t and she is gone now so he insists on that part.

I tell Seb I agree. I wanted to learn how too. Thank you Seb for this.  

I will contact you all when I get there. Please tell Cass I love her.  
__________________

I arrive at the Midnight pack, and I am greeted by two males.  Based on the power coming off of them I am going to assume it is the Alpha and Beta. I get out to meet them and they walk down to my vehicle. The one said
"Welcome Winnie, Sebastian has spoken very highly of you. My name is Max and I am the Alpha of this pack." 

Damn, he is fine. He looks strong and appetizing.  I shake my head.  
"Thank you Alpha Max for having me and allowing me to join your pack temporarily." 

Max jesters towards the other guy, this is my Beta Dexter.  Dexter nods at me and says "Hello, ma'am."

Goodness, he has a very deep voice.  
I like it. I smile at him. Then my wonderful babies cry, I walk towards the backseat to get them out when Max says 
"You have kids?"