Chapter 22

Winnie's POV

After visiting my dad this morning, I was heading back to the pack house because Jason had called me, saying that he needed to see me. I walked into Jason's office and I saw a man standing there with Jason, smiling. He was good looking, Almost as good looking as Cain and Abel. He had long black hair that was pulled into a neat ponytail. His eyes were a piercing gray and he was tall, He was at least 6'3. His smile dropped when he saw me.

I stepped into the room more and Jason smiled at me.
"Hello Winnie, I know this may come suddenly but I have something important to ask you."
I nodded as Jason cleared his throat. The man beside me was looking at Jason with his arms crossed. The disrespect I am feeling from him.
"Winnie, This is Quinton. He is our Alpha. Cain and Abel have stepped down as Alpha's and since Quinton was Cain's beta. He had taken over. However, Quinton lost his mate, Caterina. She was killed in the fight that your dad was in."

I feel shocked as I look at Quinton. I feel bad, He is probably hurting so bad. I know how much it hurt Max when he lost his mate.
"Winnie, I called you here because I know that you were helping an Alpha with Luna duties, Max was it?"
"Yes, I was helping Max with Luna duties at the Midnight Pack because he lost his mate."
"And that's why I wanted to ask if you would take over the Luna position here. Even though he won't admit it, Quinton needs help.

Me and Quinton both say
"What?"
At the same time, Jason raises his hand as he makes stay quiet.

He still is scary even though, He is not Alpha anymore. No-one would dare disrespect him. He holds about the same power as Quinton does. Everybody listens to him. Even Cain would ask his father for advice, Jason Adams still has power even after all this time.
"Quinton, The pack needs a Luna. I know it's soon but they need someone to look to when you're gone and since you haven't chosen a beta yet, Winnie is your best option. The entire pack was heartbroken when she left.
Winnie, whether you thought it or not, Everyone loved you. Everyone was mad when Cain hurt you and drove you away finally."

Me and Quinton look at each other and I speak up as I look away from him.
"I'll do–"
"Absolutely not."
Me and Jason both look towards Quinton.
"She will not take Caterina's place. Caterina was my mate and the rightful Luna. Winnie left our pack for two other wolves. Caterina was loyal to us all along and now you want to replace her with Winnie? No. Absolutely not."

Jason sighed as he rubbed his temples.
"First of all, Winnie did not abandon us. My son hurt her. She couldn't stay here. Second, You need a Luna. Luna's restored hope in the pack and our pack needs hope."
"I'm sorry Jason but I can't do this, Caterina means too much to me, I can't just replace her."

Before Jason could reply, Quinton walks out. I look at Jason and he shakes his head.
Well great.
________________

It's been weeks and I have been trying to talk to Quinton or Quin to other people. I am trying to talk to him. I want him to trust me.
____________________
"Quinton!"
"No."

"Quinton, Can we talk?"
"No, I'm busy."

"Quinton please."
"Winnie, no, I am not doing this. I love Caterina and I will not replace her."
____________________
I also have been avoiding Cain and Abel. They have been trying to talk to me since and I just have been saying I'm busy and I run away.
I wish I had Max here with me.

I was sitting on the couch with Legend and Justine next to me, Leaning against me. We had just gone on our morning walk and they were being dramatic now. I laugh as I see Legend slap the back of his hand against his forehead and he falls against my lap as he sighs heavily.

I laugh but suddenly stiffen when I hear two familiar voices
"Winnie, Can we talk?"
"I'm busy Cain."
"Winnie please."
"No Abel."

They come around and kneel in front of him as Legend gets off my lap and grabs my arm and I feel Justine hide behind me. They weren't really scared of their dad's. They just didn't trust them.
"Winnie please."
I was frozen, I was looking down at the brothers and they went pleading with me. I couldn't say anything.

I snap out of my trance when I see Cain getting pulled off the floor and tossed aside. I look up to see Quinton in Abel's face.
"Leave them alone, Can't you see you're making them all uncomfortable, Including the kids."
Abel opened his mouth like he was about to say something but he then closed his mouth like he just remembered who Quinton was. He wasn't alpha anymore. He couldn't do anything anymore.

When Cain and Abel left, Justine and Legend relaxed as well. I look up at Quinton as I stood up as I smiled at him
"Thank you Quinton."
"It's nothing Winnie, I could see you were uncomfortable."
He looks behind me as he smiles at Justine and Legend.

He kneels down and smiles at Justine and Legend. Justine gives him a small hug and Legend doesn't hug him back but thanks him.
"Thank you again Quinton."
"It's no problem Winnie."
I smiled again but I decided to keep my distance. I know how he feels about me.
"So are Cain and Abel the father's?"
I almost choked as I looked at him with wide eyes
"Come one Winnie. It's obvious. Justine looks exactly like Cain, just female and Legend has Abel's face."
I was shocked. He really pays attention, He is observant.
"Yes, They are the father's."

Quinton nods.
"Hey Winnie, I'm sorry for being so harsh to you, I just lost Caterina and I'm still sensitive about it. My wolf hasn't spoken to me."
I grab his hand as I rub it soothingly.
"I know what it's like. I didn't lose my mates but I know someone who has lost and Max was broken because of it. Plus Cain and Abel did leave for others so trust me Quinton. I know how it feels. Plus I wouldn't ever replace Caterina. I know a mate's love is strong but I want to help out the pack I grew up in, If you will let me Alpha."
"You can call me Quin. Winnie, I will try this."
"Does that mean?"
"Yes Winnie, You can be Luna."
I cheer as I resist the urge to hug him tight.
______________
"What changed your mind Quinton?"
"Winnie did. She reminded me that no-one could replace Caterina and a love for a mate will never fade, Now matter who takes Caterina's place"
Jason nods at me and smiles.
"I hereby pronounce Winnie the new Luna. Again."

I laugh at "again"
________________

It's been a few weeks since I've been Luna. The first thing I did was I made an art class to help out the sigma's. I am teaching them right now how to use pastels. I also took over the reading time. I have been reading Baby Cat Adventures to the pups.

Me and Quinton also attend meetings together, Our relationship has gotten better. He is so kind and respectful. He treats me like I have always been his Luna all along. He reminds me so much of Liam. He is like a combination of Liam and Max.

He has the respect and firmness that Liam had
But he also has a carefree nature when it's time for it and loves kids. Especially; Justine and Legend like Max. He also is protective like both Max and Liam. He is protective of me and my kids. He doesn't let Cain and Abel near me unless I say they can and even then, He has stayed behind me and watched Cain and Abel closely when I talk to them.

My dad has gotten better as well, He still isn't a hundred percent and is currently doing physical therapy because he can feels his legs now but he had went so long without walking, The pack doctor thought it would be best if he takes a break from his pack warrior position to focus on his health but he is back at home now so that is good.

I love my life here but I can't help but wonder what my life would've been like if I stayed with Max or even if I stayed with Sebastian, Cassie and Liam but for right now, I love my life.