Chapter 5

Abel's POV

I have decided to leave. My family will never accept that I want to be with Aubrey because she is not my true mate but I won't change my mind about choosing her and it seems Winnie has already moved on with my brother. I want to start over. To start with a clean slate. I want a chance to start a family with Aubrey with a different pack. One that will accept that I love Aubrey, even though she isn't my given mate.

I zip up my suitcase as Aubrey comes out of the bathroom with her hair done and her clothes have been changed as well. I smile at her as I grab her bag from her hands.
"You ready love?"

Aubrey nods, She still looks tired. Well it's understandable because the sun isn't even up yet. I decided we should leave when everyone is still asleep so there is a less chance of anyone stopping us. I start to carry our suitcases downstairs with Aubrey close behind me. Aubrey opens the door for me. Before I walk out, I look back. Am I sure I wanna leave? I mean, This is the only home I've ever known. These people are family.

I sigh. Yes, I need to do this. My family will never accept Aubrey, So leaving is the only option so I can start a family with Aubrey. I look at Aubrey and smile as I walk out the door. I look back again after I put our bags in the trunk of my car.
"I'm sorry Winnie. I know I hurt you and I'm sorry. I hope my brother makes you happy. I accept your rejection Winnie Jones."

I feel the bond between us break fully, Even when I was with Aubrey the whole time, I still felt the bond with Winnie. Now, We have no bond. I look up and see the sun is starting to rise. I shut the trunk of the car. As I get into the driver's seat, I put my seatbelt and feel Aubrey grab my hand. I start the car and drive off.

It's time to start my new life.
_________________
Winnie's POV

As I wake up, I feel Cain's arms wrapped around my waist. I smile as I lean over and kiss his forehead. I brush his brown hair out from his eyes. I untangle myself from his arms as I look at the clock on Cain's nightstand. It's 8:30. I get up and suddenly feel a pain in my chest and something break. I grab my chest and fall to the floor as tears start to fall.

Cain wakes up due to the sound of me hitting the floor. He instantly comes to me and kneels beside me. "What's wrong Winnie?"
I gasp as I am still grasping my chest. "It hurts. Cain, Why does it hurt so much?"
Cain looks at me with sympathy. "Your bond with Able broke officially. He accepted your rejection finally."

I wipe my tears as I take a few steady breaths to calm myself down. Cain looks at me and kisses my cheek.
"I'm sorry Winnie. You don't deserve this hurt."
I don't say anything as I am lost in my thoughts. So he really decided to move on with Aubrey and forget all about me? I guess he doesn't care about his given mate. so he really does think the Goddess made a mistake.

"Winnie, Are you listening?"
"Huh? Sorry Cain. I zoned out."
"I figured."
He then laughs and God, I could get used to hearing that. He sounds so happy. "Hey Winnie, I've been thinking, Would you consider me actually being your second chance mate?
"What do you mean?"
"I mean actually going through the mating process. I want to be your mate. I love you Winnie so would you consider being mine?"
"Yes Cain, I want to be yours."

He smiled as he kissed me and we were about to go further until my best friend, Cassie bursted through the door. "Alright enough lovebirds. There is a pack meeting."

Cain laughs at the way Cassie interrupted us as I groan and get up off the floor. Cassie wraps her arm around my shoulder and basically drags me out of Cain's room.
_______________
Once I get to the living area of our pack house, I see Alpha Jason and Luna Marie standing in the middle of everyone who is seated on the couches, chair's,loveseats and some are even sitting on the floor. Cain looks concerned as he gets into the room and sees everyone is there. This must be serious.

Alpha Jason clears his throat as he gestures for us to sit down and all of us three do so. "So I want to start this meeting with the good news. Me and Marie are officially going to step down. Now that our son's are eligible to take the Alpha position. Now for the bad news."
I look over and see Luna Marie crying as she attempts to wipe her tears away. Jason looks at her and looks so sympathetic towards her. Alpha Jason is not an emotional type. That shows how strong the love for a mate is. She looks at him and waved her hand to tell him he can keep going as she wipes her tears away. "It seems my son, Abel has fled our pack. There is no trace of him anywhere and it also seems his chosen mate, Aubrey, has fled with him."

Gasps erupt as Alpha Jason pauses to let what he just said sink in. I look at Cain as he looks shocked but I can feel his heart break. Even though no-one else can see it. I have known him since we were six and I can tell when he is hurting. I hug him as he looks at me and smiles.

Alpha Jason clears his throat to get the chatter to stop and make everyone bring their attention back to him because he wasn't done. "In light of this, Cain, My other son will take the Alpha position and his chosen mate, Winnie will be the new Luna. Even though Cain is the younger brother. We had no idea where Abel and Aubrey have gone. As well, Me and Marie are ready to retire our positions. We have ruled the Blue Moon pack since my father, Jacob Adams, passed. We are ready to pass on the position. So when Winnie and Cain are ready, We will have the ceremony to initiate them both."

Me and Cain look at each other and Cain is smiling as I look shocked at him. Somewhere in us staring at each other, Alpha Jason dismisses the meeting and most pack members start to head back to their rooms. Including Cassie.

I stand up and grab Cain as I drag him into the kitchen. "Don't you think, This is too much, I mean we aren't even mated yet and now your dad wants us to take his and your mom's position?"
"Hey Winnie, Relax. Dad didn't say we had to do it right away. If you aren't ready, I can tell my dad that you are not ready to be Luna."
"No I want to rule with you, It's just I'm nervous. What if I'm not a good leader?"
"You will be a great leader. Besides, You'll have me beside you."
"Okay.."
"Hey, Trust me okay?"
"Okay." I smile as he rests his hand on my cheek.

"So I'm guessing that's a yes that you'll take my position?"
I jump as I look behind Cain and see Alpha Jason standing there, smiling. "Yes dad."
"Good, We'll do the ceremony later tonight."
Cain smiles at his father and then at me.
___________________

Me and Cain are walking down stairs, This time to a special area, Just for ceremony's likes this one. I was nervous, I was extremely fidgety. I guess Cain noticed because he grabbed my hand and held it. "It's going to be okay. You'll be a great Luna."

He knows exactly what to say and what I was feeling.
We get to the room and see everyone there as well as Alpha Jason and Luna Marie in the middle of everyone. I take a deep breath as I walk to the two in the middle with Cain close to me.
_____________________

After the ceremony, Me and Cain went back to his room that I have officially moved all my stuff into. We were officially the Alpha and Luna of the Blue Moon pack. We are laying on his bed as he is playing with my hair as my head is laying on his chest. I feel happy with him. "Hey Winnie."
"Yes Cain?"
"Have you thought about what I asked earlier?"
I lift my head as I look at him. "What?"
"About us being true mates."
I smile at him. I want to be his mate. I want to be his.  "Yes Cain. I want to be your mate."
He suddenly kisses me and I kiss back. He pulls away for a moment. He smiles at me. "I love you Winnie."
"I love you too Cain."

He kisses me again.
I feel so happy, I am the Luna of the pack I grew up in and Cain is my mate. Everything is perfect.