Chapter 3

Winnie's POV

When I wake up, I realize I am not in my room, I sit up and stretch my arms as I see Cain standing at the edge of the bed. He smiles at me and then asks me "Are you feeling better Winnie?"
I smile at him and nod a little before getting out of bed "Thank you for last night."

I started to walk towards the door to head to my own room, One because I needed to change, I was still in my black skirt and white t-shirt from yesterday and Two; Cain probably wanted his own privacy.

I then feel a hand grab my wrist, breaking me out of my own thoughts, I feel Cain turn me around and suddenly I am close to him "Winnie, I know you and Abel had a moment and you're still hurt by what he did but I have loved you for a long time, I want to be your mate, I want to get your second chance to find love so Winnie, will you be mine?"
I was shocked, I had no idea Cain felt this way. Then again, I was probably too focused on finding my own mate that I didn't care about anything else really.

I am snapped out of my thoughts by my wolf reaching out to me. "Accept him. Let him be our mate."
I looked at Cain, Who looked nervous as he held my hands on his own. I looked down at our conjoined hands and smiled softly. "Cain, It's true you're not my given mate but I will give you a chance to be my second chance mate."

He smiled at me as he pulled me closer to him and kissed me. I felt the bond that I once had with Abel break and reconnect with Cain. I hear my wolf howl with happiness. He pulls away and he smiles at me. I smile as well as I let go of him and kiss his cheek. "I need to go and get dressed but I will see you later Cain."
He smiled as he nodded and kissed me one more time and I felt butterflies in my stomach. He pulls away and places his hand on my cheek and smiles.

I then step away and walk out of Cain's room. I really hope this is right. It feels right but it did too with Abel and it ended badly. I hope Cain is truly my second chance. I silently thank the Moon Goddess for giving me Cain, A second chance mate. A gift from her.

As I get to my room, I go to my closet to pick out an outfit. I decided on high-waisted black ripped jeans and a black button up crop top that rests just on the hem of my jeans and a red flannel tied around my waist and my black hey dudes. I also decided to tie my brown hair up in a high ponytail.

I look in my full length mirror. I look cute. I smile as I walk out of my room and into the main area of our pack house and see Alpha Jason and Able talking or more like arguing. "I love Aubrey Dad, I don't care if she isn't my mate!"
"So you are just going to turn your back on your mate?"
"Aubrey is my mate!"
"No she isn't. You need to embrace your true mate. The Moon Goddess gave you your mate for a reason."
"Then the Moon Goddess made a mistake. I don't want Winnie. I want Aubrey."

I feel my heart break again but it fades away as I feel the same warmth from before and my wolf gets excited. I suddenly feel arms wrap around me and pull me closer as a kiss is planted on my cheek.
It was Cain, No doubt. "Hold on, I need to do something."

I smile as I turn around and kiss Cain's cheek as I walk up to Alpha Jason and Abel. I decided it was time to let go of Abel. He will never choose me even if I'm his true mate. He'll always want Aubrey. Abel looks at me and so does Alpha Jason and I step in between them, getting them to stop arguing and yelling finally. "I, Winnie Jones, reject thee Abel Adams, as my mate."

I could see the shock in his eyes as I said it. I even shocked myself on how montone I sounded when I said it. I turn around and walk back up to Cain and kiss him lightly. I was free.
Free from the hurt. Free from jealousy. Free from Abel. I could move on with Cain and nothing would hold me back.