Chapter ten

Chapter Ten

Unbeknownst to any of Harry's guardians residing in the house, Harry had written to his friends who were still in Hogwarts. He was really missing them, he was worried about what was happening at Hogwarts after he had left. He had sent Hedwig off with two letters one for Hermione and one for Ron. He had hoped Hedwig would get there quickly and that he might have a reply by tonight.

Cassie had agonised all evening about what Harry had told her the previous evening and she was worried about telling Sirius. Regulus had been a great support whilst at the Dursley's even though he hadn't spoken she knew he had his wand in his hand and he was ready to defend her if she required the assistance. When she had took off with Regulus to the Dursley's she had the intention of cursing them but once there and faced with what Harry would be forced to go back to, she changed her mind. She couldn't bring herself to put him at risk all over again if she was sent to Azkaban for harming his muggle relatives.

Regulus had sat with all of his notes regarding the Horcruxes, he believed that the other founders items may have been used. He was rereading the old prophet newspaper's highlighting the death of Hepzibah Smith who was believed murdered by her house elf. However, her family reported that they were missing Hufflepuff's Cup and they believed that she was possibly robbed but no evidence was found. Allegedly she had been visited by a young man from Borgin and Burkes prior to her death, this had reminded him that Tom Riddle had left school to work there. No trace of the cup had been found in years which made him believe that was definitely a possibility.

Cassie got up and had some breakfast before writing out a letter to Amelia Bones to arrange a meeting. They needed to discuss Harry's abuse at the hands of his relatives and she wanted it made clear that if something were to happen to her that he never be given to them. As she was finishing it off, Sirius had joined her at the table. He gave her a kiss on the cheek. Sirius was watching her finish writing her letter. He wanted to know where she disappeared to last night and what had caused Harry to cry. He was trying to give her time, he needed to remind himself that for a long time she was on her own without him to speak to about anything. Now he needed to prove to her that he was here and he wasn't going anywhere.

Sirius cleared his throat before asking her, "Who's the letter for?"

Cassie took a deep breath before informing him of the conversation she had with Harry last night, she explained what happened at the Dursley's and why she hadn't murdered them. He was angry that she had gone without him but when she explained that she was worried he would put himself right back into Azkaban, he had eventually understood. She told him she was writing Amelia, she wanted the Dursley's dealt with in regards to his child abuse.

Harry and Regulus eventually joined them at the table to have some breakfast. Just as they were finishing breakfast, a large Great Horned Owl appeared at the window. Regulus opened the window, took the letter and fed the owl some treats.

He checked who it was addressed to and noticed it was for Lord Black. It had the Gringotts seal on the back. He handed it to his brother. Sirius took the letter and carefully sliced open the letter.

Dear Lord Black,

I am writing to you in regards your request to seize money from the Lestrange vault as payment for betrayal of the Black family. Upon checking with the Lestrange account manager it was discovered that they did not have monetary funds to pay back the betrothal payment. As per your request we seized all of the items within the vault. Each item was checked for curses. Gringotts would be honoured if you and your family would join us at the bank as soon as you are able. We await your arrival.

May your enemies suffer.

Bloodhook

The Account Manager of the Most Noble and Ancient House of Black

Sirius handed the letter to Reg to read, who allowed Cassie and Harry to read it over his shoulder. Regulus immediately believed it to be a horcrux. He got dressed after sharing a nod with Cassie who seemed to be on the same wavelength in regards this item. They instructed Harry to get dressed quickly. Harry then explained that he had written his friends and was hoping to hear back from them. He had asked to stay behind to await the post. Cassie reluctantly agreed on the proviso that he do not leave the house and that Tippy would be there to keep an eye on him. Cassie quickly got dressed in her best business robes, they were fitted black with buttons down the middle. Sirius bore his robes bearing his family crest. Regulus had glamoured himself like last time and they left to go to the bank. 

They walked into the lobby of the bank and they were immediately greeted by one of the goblin tellers.

He bowed before speaking.

"Lord Black thank you for joining us promptly. I will inform Bloodhook you have arrived. Please wait here."

Before they knew it Bloodhook had arrived and instructed them to follow him to the back rooms. They entered into the same chamber hall that Harry had been placed in the evening before. Regulus glanced at Cassie who seemed to be joining the dots the same way he was.

"Lord Black as per my letter we have seized the Lestrange vault and found what we believe to be another abomination of the sort that was in your godson. We believe the item to be the missing cup of Helga Hufflepuff-"

Regulus gasped, he had just been looking into that this morning and now they were here and it was in front of them.

"Heir Black?"

"My apologies Bloodhook, I had been doing my own research into the Horcruxes and just this morning I was looking into the Hufflepuff cup."

"Well that is a coincidence Heir Black. We would be interested in assisting in the research, if we believe there to be more."

"I believe he had intended to make 7, however, I do not think he had achieved his goal prior to Halloween."

"Ah, we will discuss this further at the end of this meeting."

Cassie then spoke up to ask if the cup had been destroyed yet. They were informed that the goblins had chosen to await the arrival of the family. It was agreed that they would like it taken care of immediately and they would be happy to leave Regulus at the bank to discuss any more.