Chapter thirty

Chapter Thirty

Whilst the merriment at Potter Manor was going on, trouble was continuing at the Burrow. Ginny and Ron had gotten home from Hogwarts without the twins. Ron wasn't all that fussed but Ginny was seething with her mother. Her dad seemed to be acting as though nothing was wrong. Whilst she was unpacking in her bedroom, she thought she heard the twins and Sirius coming upstairs. She creaked open her bedroom door and sure enough her brothers were there in front of her.

"Fred! George! Your home?! I thought mum said you couldn't?" She exclaimed launching herself at her older brothers, who held her close.

"We aren't staying Gin. We uh are actually going to live with Sirius and Cassie. Mum doesn't want us here anymore than we want to be here. Cassie is downstairs right now tearing strips off mum. Dad didn't seem to know that she refused us to return?" George said.

"You what?! You aren't living here anymore. You're leaving me with Ron and Percy?! Can't I come too?" Ginny said tearfully.

"Oh Gin. We wish we could stay here for you, but you know how she is with us. Sirius and Cassie offered us a home and we accepted. I'm sure if they thought mum would let you, they would offer you too but you are still too young." Fred said this time casting a look at Sirius.

"Ginny. If things get bad here, you are always welcome at our home. We would take you in, in a heartbeat but Fred is right, your mother would fight for you. She doesn't seem to want to fight for the boys. Sorry boys." He said sheepishly.

"It's alright Sirius." They said together.

Ginny clung to her brothers tighter and cried. She was so angry at her mum. When Cassie was done, it would be Ginny's turn. She was also going to be planning her exit before New Year, like hell she was staying here without her brothers.

"You promise to write to me always?" Ginny asked.

"We promise." They replied. She gave them another hug before letting them go. She then crept towards the hallway to try and catch whatever was being said to her mother.

She caught snippets of the things her mother was saying and Cassie Potter's furious replies. By the time the twins and their new guardians had left. Ginny had worked herself up. She stormed downstairs to confront her mother.

"What is wrong with you?! They are my brothers and it's Christmas for Merlin's sake. You don't even seem to care." She raged.

"Don't you take that tone with me young lady. Now up to bed." Molly replied.

"Really? Up to bed? You realise what you've done? They aren't coming back. They have left." She said, starting to cry again.

Molly's lips thinned. She looked to her husband hoping he would help.

"Arthur!" She shouted.

"Ginny dear. Go to bed please. I need to speak to your mother." He asked softly.

"Dad-"

"Now Ginbug." He replied.

Ginny turned heel and stormed upstairs. She was so upset.

Arthur turned towards his wife, heart saddened by his daughters expression and even more so by the look on his son's when they left their home.

"Now Molly sit. Why would you tell the boys they can't come home?" He asked sharply.

"Oh Arthur, they are being ridiculous. They seem to think it is entirely acceptable to joke around at school, playing stupid pranks. They hardly study and they leave those stupid joke products of their's everywhere." She replied.

"Molly, they are our sons. Yes they slack off, yes they don't always give it their all but they are talented, inventive and ambitious. I don't care what they do as long as they are happy and safe."

"Oh Arthur you are too soft with them. I am done with their nonsense. Now if those two irresponsible halfwits want to take our sons on, they can be my guest." She replied curtly.

"I think Cassiopeia and Sirius are doing the right thing by Harry. Come on Molly, think of all that young boy has faced in his first few years at Hogwarts already. Think about what they found out about Crouch and his son. They see the good in our boys where evidently their mother does not. I'm going to bed in Bill's old room. I need time to think." Arthur stood and left his wife sitting in the kitchen.

Arthur walked upstairs and stopped outside Ginny's room. He could hear her sobbing. He continued upstairs to Bill's room and sent off a patronus.

Cassie woke up to the bright blue glow entering the bedroom. A weasel had entered before a voice spoke.

"Cassie, Sirius. It's Arthur. Can Ginny come to your's tomorrow for the rest of break? I have a lot to think about with my wife." Then it was gone.

Cassie immediately returned her Chow Dog patronus back with her response. She then set about making gifts for Ginny.

Arthur was sitting staring at the wall when he received his response.

"Of course Arthur. I will come collect her in a few hours. Meet me at the wards at 6am."

He stood and went down to Ginny's room. He knocked the door gently and awaited for a response. No reply came so he thought she asleep.

He then went back to bed, setting an alarm on his wand.

When the alarm beeped at him at 5.30am, he felt he had barely shut his eyes. He went back downstairs to Ginny's room.

"Ginbug. Wake up." He said softly. No reply came. He opened the door and walked over towards her. He gave her a slight shake.

"Ginny." He said.

She startled awake. "Dad? What's wrong?" She asked.

"Pack your bags sweetheart. I'm going to give you, your Christmas presents now and then we are meeting Cassie at the ward line. I think it's best you go to see her for Christmas. I will be taking Percy and Ron to Aunt Muriels."

"Not mum?" She asked.

"No. Not mum."

"Alright dad. Love you." She said giving him a tight hug.

She packed her bag as quickly as she good, got dressed and then left.

They crept out of the Burrow and met Cassie who was already there waiting on them.

"Thank you for this Cassie." Arthur said.

"Of course. You are always welcome. Let's get going before they wake up and cause chaos." Cassie replied. Taking a hold of Ginny's arm and twisting. Then they were gone.

When Arthur got back to the house, Molly was waiting for him.

"Arthur, where have you taken Ginny?"

"She has gone to the Potter's. I am taking the boys to Muriel's. I need space Molly." He left her standing in the kitchen.