Chapter thirty six

Chapter Thirty Six

It was time for the children to return to Hogwarts following the festive break and Cassie was feeling a little sad. She had enjoyed having the manor full of people again. They had bought the Weasley children new uniform, books and stationary for returning. Cassie didn't want them feeling any different to other children, especially when they could afford to do so. Cassie and Sirius arrived at Kings Cross with the children in tow, including Harry. Cassie thought he would be sad to see his friends off but he didn't seem to mind, she'd asked Sirius to check in on him about it the night before and apparently Harry had told him that although Hogwarts had been the first place he had felt at home in, the manor brought him peace he had never experienced before and he had his parents to talk to there whenever he wanted. This appeased Cassie enough not to push it. When they got onto the platform, they spotted Arthur with Ron. Arthur gave them a wave and Ginny went over to give her father a hug. The twins didn't seem interested, Cassie was a little worried about that. She watched them for a bit before noticing that they were looking between them and Arthur, like they didn't feel like they could go over to their father.

"Boys, you can go and say hello, you don't need to stay here with us. He will always be your dad, no matter where Sirius and I fit in your lives." She said softly, smiling at them. They nodded before heading over to say hello. Ron did not look happy at any of this but that was his problem. Hermione had been frowning at her shoes for some time now like she was desperate to ask something but didn't know how. She had been like this for the last few days and Cassie decided to just call her on it. She tapped the girls shoulder to get her attention.

"Hermione, is everything okay? You seem like you want to say something but then you don't?" Cassie asked. Sirius glanced at Cassie, wondering why she had decided to ask now when the kids were about to leave.

Hermione blushed and fiddled with her jumper sleeves for a bit before finally taking a deep breath and asking her question.

"I know Harry explained that you weren't able to collect him before now but I just don't really understand. Why couldn't you get him at the Dursley's or even in first year when he got to the station?" She rushed out before going back to fiddling with her jumper. Harry turned sharply to look at Hermione, he didn't look happy that she had asked that.

"Well with regards to the Durley's, you've heard of the muggle repelling charm on Hogwarts, yes?" Hermione nodded. "It would appear Dumbledore used something along those lines to keep me away, I was never able to work out the spell and I definitely can't now as when I paid the Dursley's a visit a couple months back, I had no problem finding their door. I assume it is because Harry no longer considers it his home but I can't be sure. I did come during Harry's first year, I stood at this train station and I spotted Molly Weasley helping him find the platform, what I didn't spot was Dumbledore in the corner watching me. When I tried to get through the barrier, it was sealed, a bit like second year for you Harry I think?" He nodded looking sad. "It wasn't until later when I was showing Reg the memory that we spotted him in the background. I was so mad, I went to Hogwarts, demanded to see my nephew and Dumbledore had the auror's arrive and take me out. I didn't want to try again until I had the Ministry's backing to do so, I didn't want to scare or embarrass Harry. I understand your reservations Hermione but I assure you, Harry is my priority and always will be." Cassie finished smiling down at the children, as Harry gave his her a hug. She put her arms around his shoulders and gave them a little squeeze to reassure him that she was alright. Hermione seemed satisfied with this answer but her eyes held an anger in them, presumably at the Headmaster but Cassie didn't want to ask anymore. The whistle blew and it was time for the kids to board the train. She gave Hermione another hug and told her she was welcome anytime and to keep in touch. Sirius and Cassie pulled the twins in for a hug, before assuring them that they were proud of them and despite how much they believed in them and their joke shop, they would like them to try a little harder in school, if only to prove everyone wrong but Cassie would prefer they done it for themselves, something for them to achieve. The boys said they would think about it. Sirius reassured them that even if they didn't, they would always have a home at the Manor and that they would miss them both very much. Ginny had thanked them for having her and then boarded the train to find her friends.

The trio stayed on the platform waving them off until the train was no longer in view before apparating home. The first article from Rita was due out today, to line up with the children's return to Hogwarts.

Cassie had met with Minerva the evening before to discuss the failing in the curriculum and they had come up with a proposal for the Wizengamot when they would inevitably begin asking questions following the article. It was going to be a busy few months.