Chapter thirty four

Chapter Thirty Four

Cassie woke up feeling excited and nervous all at once. Today was finally the day she would marry the love of her life. She had spent the night before with her Aunt Min, Hermione and Ginny whilst the men all stayed at Regulus house in Shetland. She had spent days shopping for her wedding robes but she couldn't find the ones that spoke to her. Eventually Aunt Min suggested trying on the robes her mother had worn on her wedding day. They had sat the previous evening altering them to fit Cassie.

Meanwhile, in Shetland, the boys were all laughing at Sirius. He hadn't slept the previous night, terrified that she wouldn't show up or something would get in the way. He had worn himself out pacing the lounge all night that the twins decided to prank him. When he had gone for his shower and washing his hair with the shampoo, he hadn't noticed it had began to change the colour of his hair. The rest of the boys were sitting in the lounge waiting for him to come out when they heard a scream of despair. Sirius ran into the room with a face like fizz.

"What have you done to my hair? I get married today! Oh she is going to kill me." He said worriedly running his hands through the long lime green strands of hair atop his head. The foursome on the couch couldn't hold it in any longer and burst out laughing. Harry was doubled over on the couch, Regulus was covering his mouth with his hand as though trying to force the laugh back inside whilst the culprits were rolling around on the floor laughing at his face. It must have been contagious because before he knew it and before he wanted to he was laughing alongside them. He had to admit, the stress and worry had worn off his shoulders.

"Alright, alright. We have all had our laughs but unless you want Cassie to bury us all alive I suggest we fix this." Regulus spoke coming to the defence of his brother. A couple of weeks ago, Sirius had sat down with Regulus. He had asked him if he would be his best man and stand by his side whilst he married the love of his life.

flashback

"Reg, I need to speak with you about something." Sirius had asked nervously from the doorway if Regulus' bedroom.

"Okay come in then." Sirius walked in and closed the door behind him.

"I am going to ask Cassie to marry me again on New Years Eve. I know we had our differences growing up and I know I wasn't there for you when you needed me and I know I let you down-" Sirius began before being cut off.

"What are you talking about Siri? You didn't let me down. We were children, you would have died if you stayed." Regulus said.

"Yes but I left you there with them. I left you to become a death eater and when Cassie helped you fake your death, I wasn't there."

"Merlin Sirius, you didn't make me a death eater, they did, you didn't leave me behind. You saved yourself because you had to. I stood by time and again whilst she turned her wand on you. If anyone let someone down it was me. I became everything you hated."

"You didn't let me down Reg. Merlin I am so proud to call you my brother. You did what you had to do to survive, you were so brave. You risked your life and you are the reason we know how to win this war." Sirius replied, his voice gravelly from holding back the tears.

"Yeah well you spent 12 years in Azkaban and came out with your mind in tact. You spent 12 years reliving every bastarding thing mother done to you and you survived it. You are fiercely protective of Cassie and Harry. You will make an incredibly husband for her Sirius. There is absolutely no one else she would have." He replied pulling his older brother into a hug.

Cassie Potter - Lady Gryffindorजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें