Chapter twenty

Chapter Twenty

After a couple of days of the portraits being home, they had been placed in Harry's room with him. He was so happy to have his parents there to talk to whenever he wanted to. James and Lily were ecstatic to be close to their son. The night after Cassie had broken down to her brother, she had gone into her room and woke Sirius up. She finally told him that she had been pregnant and lost the baby all those years ago. He had been devastated when she told him and then he was filled with anger and regret with himself. He beat himself up for leaving her to chase the rat. She had assured him that whether he had been by her side or not, the shock of losing James would have triggered the loss no matter what. The only difference would have been that they would've faced it together. They cried together and they held each other for long time. She let Sirius tell Harry what had happened all those years ago. She couldn't face it again, telling it twice was hard enough for her. Regulus told her he was proud of her for letting it out. Sirius had thanked his brother for being by her side when he couldn't and for getting her to the hospital when he did. Slowly the family were healing together.

It was the morning of Hogsmeade weekend and as promised they were taking Harry to meet his friends. Harry had hardly slept the night before, he was excited to see them but nervous about possibly facing Ron. He knew he'd be okay deep down because if anything went wrong his Aunt would get him home in a flash. He had become quite protective over her himself these days, when he heard all she had gone through, alone for the most part, he had never felt prouder that she had managed to save him and Sirius. He was glad she was on his side, he had never had someone love him so fiercely before and it felt good.

Cassie and Sirius were having breakfast as Tipsy bounced around them cleaning and tidying. Harry had eventually joined them at the table.

"Where's Regulus?" Harry asked as he sat down.

"He has returned to Grimmauld Place, our childhood home, there is some books he wants from the library there. He'll be back tonight for dinner." Sirius replied.

Harry nodded and then began tucking into his bacon sandwich.

"Does Master Harry want some juice? Tipsy be happys to get Master Harry some." The small bounced beside him, eagerly awaiting her answer.

"Oh um Tipsy, you really don't need to call me that, just Harry is fine."

"Tipsy be calling yous Master Harry, you does not own Tipsy Master Harry but Tipsy feels like you is family just like Mistress Cassie and Master Sirius."

"Oh alright then Tipsy, some orange juice would be nice thank you."

Tipsy bounced away to get the juice. Sirius just laughed at his godson, so like Lily. Once they had finished eating, it was time to apparate to Hogsmeade. The family gathered together, it was decided that they would always apparate together when going out in public, that way one always had a hold of Harry.

They arrived just outside the Three Broomsticks, where Harry had arranged to meet his friends. When they got inside, Rosmerta was over to them in a flash.

The blonde curly haired woman had been good to them over the years of school and they had continued coming to the pub during the war.

"Well I never Sirius Black and Cassie Potter as I live and breathe." She said as she pulled them both into a hug. The couple laughed and returned the hug.

"Rosie my dear, you look splendid as ever." Sirius replied with a wink. Cassie laughed. "You'd think he'd have lost his flirty behaviour Rosie but he's as bad as ever."

Harry then spotted Hermione, who seemed to be sitting with 3 redheads, 2 of which were clearly identical. Cassie would've known them anywhere, they looked just like their uncles. If they were anything like their uncles, they'd be fiercely loyal. The trio walked over to the table.

The curly haired witch, who Sirius had informed Cassie was Hermione, had jumped out of her seat and launched herself at Harry.

"Oh Harry, I was worried you had changed your mind. Oh it's so good to see you. You look better and your clothes fit you." She rushed out as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Harry chuckled at his friend and hugged her back.

"Merlin Hermione let the man-"

"Breathe. You'd think he'd been gone for months."

"Not quite months brother mine but-"

"weeks at least." The two twins spoke, a familiar sparkle of mischief in their eyes. Yep just like their uncles.

Hermione finally let Harry go and sat down. The other redhead boy sitting at the table, squished between the twins and Hermione looked downright miserable. He hadn't spoken yet and Cassie assumed this to be Ron.

"Well um this is Cassie my aunt and this is Sirius my godfather. This is Hermione, Fred and George Weasley, and uh Ron Weasley." Harry introduced.

"It is lovely to meet you all. We will go get the drinks Harry okay?" Cassie asked making sure he was fine to be left.

He just nodded and then turned to Hermione.

"So thats the long lost Aunt." Fred asked.

"Yeah, she's pretty great. She got Sirius off, she has custody of me now so i don't ever have to go back to the Dursleys."

"Oh bet you are happy now eh? Living it up in some manor probably with your Gryffindor Aunt?" Ron finally spoke.

Harry's gaze hardened. He had decided if Ron was going to behave like an arse then he wouldn't entertain him.

"Yeah Ron, yeah I am but guess what? Where I am and what I am doing is none of your business so if you aren't here to be a proper friend then you can just go. I'm not gonna beg you to stay." Harry replied.

The twins immediately stood from the table making room for Ron to get out and leave. Cassie and Sirius watched from the bar, both sad for Harry that his first friend was abandoning him now. After Ron left, they sat back down.

"So Aunt Cassie says you guys can come stay in Summer, I can finally invite you to my house how cool is that? Its protected though so they will need to come collect you."

"That's great Harry, I'd love to." Hermione replied.

"Uh we will have to ask mum, but we'd like to come Harry."

Harry was pleased that they wanted to come see him in the summer. They spent the next couple of hours catching up and chatting. Eventually it was time for them to head back to school and Harry went to get Cassie and Sirius to go home. They walked Hermione and the twins back to the school gates. When they got there to say goodbye, the headmaster was standing at the gates waiting on them.

"Harry my boy, Mr Weasley has returned to the school quite upset saying that you told him to leave. Now Harry I really think-"

"Sorry Headmaster but my Aunt Cassie says I don't need to listen to anything you say anymore, Ron has chosen not to be my friend, anything else doesn't concern you."

"Now Harry-"

"Dumbledore." Cassie said, moving to stand next to Harry, her eyes firm and glaring. Her hair sparked with the magic storming around her.

"Ah I hadn't realised you had brought young Harry back to school Ms Potter."

"I haven't. I told you he would not be returning to this school, he is being homeschooled. I also told you to stay the fuck away from him Dumbledore or so help me I will ruin you. Do i make myself clear old man?" She spoke each word with venom in her voice.

"Come on Harry lets go home bud." In sync Sirius moved to one side of Harry and Cassie took Sirius other hand and then they were gone.