Chapter fifteen

Chapter fifteen

Pozaxe returned moments later holding two large scrolls in his arms. He laid them out on the desk.

"Now Mr Potter, for these wills to be unsealed we will need a drop of blood from both of the remaining Potters." He handed them a small dagger. Cassie went first and then Harry. As soon as the blood touched the scrolls, they unfurled at the top. Cassie took a deep breath and squeezed Harry's shoulder. Sirius put his arms around both of them.

The Last Will and Testament of James Charlus Potter

I James Charlus Potter of Gryffindor Cottage, Godrics Hollow:-

Revoke all previous wills made by me.
Subject to the payment of my debts, funeral expenses and administration expenses, I give all of the Potter estate and vaults to my wife, Lily Potter nee Evans and appoint her sole executrix of this will.
If my wife dies before me or the gift to her shall fail for any other reason then subject to payment of my debts, funeral expenses and administration expenses, I give all of my estate to my son, Harry James Potter when he comes of age, until he is of age then it will fall into a trust held by my sister Cassiopeia Dorea Potter and appoint her sole executor of this will.
If both my wife and I die then guardianship of our son, Harry James Potter will go to Sirius Orion Black, godfather and Cassiopeia Dorea Potter, godmother. If for any reason they are unable to then Alice and Frank Longbottom should be granted guardianship. Under no circumstances should our son be placed with Petunia and Vernon Dursley.
I wish to be buried in the graveyard in Godrics Hollow.
P.S in the Potter family vault lay the last portraits of James and Lily Potter.

IN WITNESS whereof I have signed this my will this day of

OCTOBER 1980

Signed by the said as his James C Potter

In our presence and by us in his

Signature: Lily Potter

Print Name: LILY POTTER

FIRST WITNESS

Signature: Lily Potter  Print Name: LILY POTTER

Address: Gryffindor Cottage, Godric's Hollow

SECOND WITNESS

Signature: Albus P.W.B Dumbledore Print Name: ALBUS P.W.B DUMBLEDORE

Address: Hogwarts Castle

The Last Will and Testament of Lily Potter nee Evans

I Lily Potter nee Evans of Gryffindor Cottage, Godrics Hollow:-

Revoke all previous wills made by me.
Subject to the payment of my debts, funeral expenses and administration expenses, I give all of the Potter estate and vaults to my husband, James Charlus Potter and appoint him sole executrix of this will.
If my husband dies before me or the gift to her shall fail for any other reason then subject to payment of my debts, funeral expenses and administration expenses, I give all of my estate to my son, Harry James Potter when he comes of age, until he is of age then it will fall into a trust held by my sister in law Cassiopeia Dorea Potter and appoint her sole executor of this will.
If both my husband and I die then guardianship of our son, Harry James Potter will go to Sirius Orion Black, godfather and Cassiopeia Dorea Potter, godmother. If for any reason they are unable to then Alice and Frank Longbottom should be granted guardianship. Under no circumstances should our son be placed with Petunia and Vernon Dursley.
I wish to be buried in the graveyard in Godrics Hollow.
P.S in the Potter family vault lay the last portraits of James and Lily Potter.

IN WITNESS whereof I have signed this my will this day of

OCTOBER 1980

Signed by the said as her Lily Potter

In our presence and by us in her

Signature: James C Potter

Print Name: JAMES C POTTER

FIRST WITNESS

Signature: James C Potter     Print Name: JAMES C POTTER

Address: Gryffindor Cottage, Godric's Hollow

SECOND WITNESS

Signature: Albus P.W.B Dumbledore Print Name: ALBUS P.W.B DUMBLEDORE

Address: Hogwarts Castle

Harry was over the moon, finally knew that his parents had never wanted him placed with Dursley's. This caused more anger at Dumbledore who was clearly listed as witness to both his parents wills. Aunt Cassie was rubbing her finger across his dad's signature. She looked so sad. He took her hand in his and held it. She gave him a watery smile.

"Mr Potter, Ms Potter, along with the wills was two envelopes. One for Mr Potter and one for Ms Potter." He handed them the envelopes.

Cassie laughed at the wording on the front of hers. 'Cassie Potter (probably Black by now) and Padfoot.' She took Sirius hand in hers and held it close to her.

"Now shall we gather in the cart and be on our way to the Potter Vault to retrieve the portraits of the late Mr and Mrs Potter?" Pozaxe asked smiling at the Potter's remaining family.

They gathered in one of the carts and took off to the Vault. Cassie took a shaky breath as they entered the family vault. Unlike the Gryffindor vault, the Potter vault was well organised. Each previous family member's wand was placed here, she could see her mother and fathers in the glass wand case. She missed them. Then Harry and Sirius gasped next to her. She looked up to see what they were looking at and there at the back of the vault were two portraits of two people she never thought she'd see again. The tears were falling before she got a chance to gather herself. Harry and Sirius were making their way towards the back. When she got there the voice of her twin caught her off guard.

"Hey Cass!"

She burst into tears and stared at the smiling portrait of her brother. Once she composed herself, they arranged to take the portraits home and left Gringotts. A letter burning a hole in her pocket, one she wanted to read before speaking with his brother's portrait