Chapter twenty one

Chapter Twenty One

Albus Dumbledore was at a loss. He had many battles and conflicts over his long life but he had never been spoken to so rudely than what he was by Cassiopeia Potter. The girl needed to learn her place. She didn't understand the full picture, only he knew that Harry had to be the one to fight Voldemort. Harry needed to be controlled by him, the boy needed him. He had spent years concocting his master plan. He had paced his office more often than not lately. The TriWizard Tournament was still going ahead despite the controversy around Crouch Senior and consequently Junior. He knew Tom Riddle was out there somewhere trying to come up with a new plan to get to Harry, of course the silly girl had no idea what was out there. He had to plan, had to think, he'd speak with Remus again, hopefully he can get them to come around.

Meanwhile back at Potter Manor, Cassie Potter was raging. She had been angered by Dumbledore's presence but more so at his not so subtle attempt to control her nephew. Harry had stood up for himself to the old man and she was so proud. Sirius had bounced back into the manor to tell James and Lily how proud they should be of their son and Cassie. Cassie was too angry to even think about that. She needed to reach out to the two people she had been avoiding since she pulled Harry from the school. She went down to her father's office and wrote her letters. She sent them off with Hedwig and was patiently awaiting a reply.

Minerva McGonagall sat in her office at Hogwarts, marking her students classwork when she spotted a familiar snowy owl at the window. She opened the window to let the owl in, it held it's leg out for her, she took the letter meant for her and allowed the owl on it's way. She sat back down at her desk and pondered whether this letter was from the owner of the owl or the woman she thought of as her niece. She opened the letter and read.

"Dear Auntie Min,

I should have written you sooner, there has been a lot that has happened over the last 13 years, I didn't want to put you in an uncomfortable position. I know you have always admired the headmaster and you have worked alongside him for many years. Now though, I have to put you in that uncomfortable position because my nephew is at risk, he is in danger. I need my Auntie Min to help, I need her by my side where my mother should be. There is much to explain and much to discuss but I won't risk placing it in a letter. If you can spare some time, please come. You know where we'll be.

Love Cassie"

Minerva knew something had fractured the relationship between Albus and the Potter female a long time ago, she just didn't know what it was. She had tried to ask Albus but he had always waved her off and when James died, Cassie had disappeared. She should've reached out, she did know where the woman would be but she just couldn't face her. Now though, she needed to be there for her, she had let her down and it was long overdue to be fixed. She gathered herself and then she was gone.

Harry was playing exploding snap with Sirius at the kitchen table, when there was a crack of apparition heard from outside followed by a sharp knock at the door. They glanced at each other, hardly anyone knew the address. Tipsy rushed to open the door, the little elf was just as worried. Moments later, Tipsy entered into the kitchen followed by a solemn looking Professor McGonagall.

"Tipsy will fetch her mistress." The elf left and Sirius just gaped at the woman in front of him.

"Mr Black, do close your mouth." Minerva spoke firm as always.

"Uh Minnie, what are you doing here?" He replied gathering himself.

Harry sat staring at the two adults in front of him. He was murmuring 'Minnie' in confusion. He couldn't believe anyone got away with calling Professor McGonagall anything other than Professor. Eventually his Aunt Cassie appeared.

"Auntie Min, you came." She rushed out as she launched herself at the woman, wrapping her arms around her. If Professor McGonagall was surprised by this she didn't let it show, she just wrapped her arms around the younger woman.

"You asked for me Cassiopeia, I should've come a long time ago." She spoke patting the woman on the back gently.

"Um Aunt Cassie, I don't understand, am I going back to school?" Harry asked.

"Merlin No! Sorry Harry, Sirius. I should've told you, Auntie Min is my godmother Harry.She was your fathers too. Mum and her was best friends. It's time to get more help." She said.

"Really? I never knew that, Prongs never said. He always got away with calling you Minnie and we never did. Now i know why." Sirius huffed a laugh.

"Do you want to see them Auntie Min? Then we can have a chat." Minerva nodded her head and followed the trio through to Harry's bedroom.

Hedwig had just arrived at her next destination. A grumbling old man was sitting in his kitchen with a glass of firewhiskey when he spotted the owl. After checking for curses, jinxes and the like, he allowed the bird to give him the letter. He knew the handwriting immediately. She had saved him, he wasn't looking forward to her teasing about those particular circumstances.

"Dear Uncle Al,

I hope you are doing better following your abduction. We will need to revisit what you mean by Constant Vigilance by the way. Uncle Al, I need you to come, I need you go against him and I need you by my side. There is a lot you don't know and I need to explain it to you but letter is not the way to do so. If you can, please come. I'll be with dad.

Love CP"

If she was finally reaching out for help, to tell him what happened, to let him help then he would go to her. He gathered his old travelling cloak, stocked up on all his additional weapons and protective potions then he was gone.

Back at Potter Manor, Tipsy had met them in Harry's room to inform them of another arrival. Harry and Sirius looked at each other again, both wondering who it could be this time. Cassie was on her feet and gone before they could ask. Minerva knew exactly who it would be, her counterpart godparent.

"Uncle Al, you came. Forgive me but I need to check." She cast all manor of revealment charms and spells at the old one eyed man in front of her, even using the Gryffindor ring to confirm. Once certain, she rushed forward to give him a hug.

"So much for constant vigilance Uncle Al, what in Merlin's name happened to you?" She asked.

"Long story girlie, now I'm here, it's time to tell me the truth." He replied.

"Straight to the point as always, Auntie Min is here too, come on." He followed her down to the room she had come from.

"Everyone Uncle Al is here, Harry this is the real Alastor Moody, your father and I's godfather. Uncle Al, this is Harry my nephew and you remember Sirius."

"Black. Potter. Minerva." Was the greeted reply.

"Alright lets go down to dad's office to chat, it is time to explain everything. Sirius will you please fetch Lionheart." Sirius took off to fetch his brother and Harry followed his Aunt and their guests down to the basement.