Part 8

Lyla found herself extremely entertained the next morning.

Despite all of the alcohol she had drunk during the celebrations the night before, the woman had kept to her words and not received a hangover.

The same could not be said for anyone else though.

She had walked into the hotel restaurant and found the entire grid sat at a table all looking a bit worse for wear. Sebastian had his famous 'I'm extremely disappointed in you' parental look on his face and had pretty much every single driver avoiding even giving him a glance. Even Kimi – the man whose nickname was 'Iceman' because he rarely showed any form of emotion – was keeping his head down to avoid looking at his former teammate.

"Finally you decide to make an appearance." Sebastian comments.

"Better late than never right?" Lyla smirks.

"Mm." Sebastian hums. "Let me guess, you remember everything?"

"You guessed correct." Lyla says as she sits down. "This is very amusing."

"It's really not." Sebastian sighs.

Lewis was out cold on the table, his Mercedes cap on his head no doubtedly covering the mess that was his hair. Valtteri was leant back in his chair with his head tilted all the back, blankly staring at the ceiling. Kimi was doing literally anything he could to avoid looking at Sebastian even if that meant striking up a conversation with someone. Fernando – who apparently hadn't gotten drunk the night before – was looking around in amusement.

Arden and Pierre were using each other as pillows, the Frenchmen asleep on the Italian's shoulder. Charles who had originally had his forehead against the table had now moved to use Lyla's shoulder as a pillow. Mick was looking down at his hands since apparently he'd been lectured by Sebastian and the German had made him feel ashamed of his actions from the night before. Daniel was hitting his forehead against the table and groaning whilst a very hungover Max Verstappen was laughing at his former teammate. Checo was asleep on the table much like Lewis was.

Lance and Esteban were talking between themselves, having been the only ones smart enough to take medication to stop the effects of their hangovers. Lando, George and Alex were in a world of their own at the end of the table and poor Carlos was stuck next to the McLaren driver looking like he wanted to either die or be anywhere other than where he currently was.

"Since Fernando refuses to tell me anything and no one else can remember." Sebastian turns to Lyla. "How the fuck did Kimi end up on the roof?"

"No clue." Lyla shrugs, smirking once again. "I'm not his mother."

"She's my child." Kimi's voice mutters. "I adopted her."

"And we all love you for it but that's not what I'm on about right now." Sebastian sighs, shaking his head.

"I'm an honorary Fin." Lyla mutters.

"She can drink like one." Fernando says.

"And that is because of the bad influence of Kimi over recent years." Sebastian snaps.

The Spaniard closed his mouth abruptly as Sebastian glared at him. Lyla covered her mouth with her hand to hide her laughter before dropping her expression into an emotionless one and holding a poker face towards the German's questions as he tried to piece together what had happened the night before whilst he was dealing with the other drivers antics.

"Lando getting locked in the toilet?"

"Entirely his fault. He was too drunk to remember how to unlock the stall door."