Part 55

Lyla's time at McLaren was one she would remember for a long time coming.

She had gotten settled into her new role, saw Lando and Daniel everyday and had proved a point to everyone that she wasn't just a pretty face.

She knew what she was doing and she would be a reckoning force in the papaya team.

She also made her first friends outside of Formula One or racing. Having spent a lot of her free time with Lando at his house, she got rather close to Max Fewtrell and the other members of Quadrant. People on the internet soon realised that Lyla was with Lando and Max when the driver and engineer kept popping into Max's streams and wrecking havoc in the background.

On the Monday before the French Grand Prix, Lyla flew to Nice from London to visit her mothers side of the family. It was emotional seeing faces she hadn't seen for years and her poor Grand-mère and Grand-père had burst into tears when they discovered their daughters daughter on their front step. Lyla had gotten to see her aunt and uncle and many cousins she hadn't seen or really spoken to since she was 19 and she spent the entire day laying across the garden furniture, her head resting in the lap of her grandmother and legs across the lap of her grandfather.

She stayed with them until the Wednesday before leaving with the emotional goodbyes and promises of more visits before she headed down to Le Castellet.

Charles had gotten her a spare key for his hotel room and told the receptionist to hand it to her when she entered - Lyla had said that it wasn't very secretive but Charles put it underneath the gaze of it being for emergencies - so Lyla walked tiredly and quietly into the room.

She could smile at the sight of the Monegasque asleep on the bed, hugging a pillow with his arms and trying to hide his face into it.

Lyla gently closes the door and removes her shoes, changing into her shorts and tank top before moving over to the bed. Her weight sinking into the other side of the mattress was enough to stir Charles from his sleep.

"Delilah?" His voice was quiet and full of sleep.

"Charlie." She replies, laying on her side.

He didn't even need to reply, rolling onto his side to face and immediately closing himself into her embrace where he proceeded to continue sleeping. Lyla just smiled, running her fingers through the top of his hair and kissing his temple, basking in the familiar feeling running through her veins and the scent she had been so accustomed to waking up filling her lungs.

She didn't even want to sleep, all the tiredness she had originally felt completely left her body.

Although, when she did eventually fall into a deep slumber, her arms were still holding Charles close to her and his were still holding her close to him.

Waking up the next morning, a half-asleep Charles Leclerc was greeted with the sight of his love laying next to him.

Lyla had moved away from him slightly in her sleep but their legs were still a mess of limbs and his arm had still been thrown lazily over her abdomen. Her hair was sprawled out across the pillow and was back to that bright blonde it had been when she was a teenager, her freckles were back across her cheeks and nose, her lips seemed fuller and skin brighter.

He just laid there and admired her, happy to have her back in his arms again and even more so when she rolled back towards him and cuddled up against his chest in her sleep.

Charles' moment of bliss was interrupted by his phone. He very nearly jumped out of bed to answer the ringing device before it woke Lyla up but thankfully, the blonde was a deep sleeper.