The Final Chapter - Epilogue

12th December 2021 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix:

To say that the season had been difficult would definitely be an understatement.

Many teams could agree entirely on that statement, the new regulations for Formula One had been hard to adjust to for not only the teams but the drivers as well.

Some could probably sit here and tell you that the final few races had been a scam.

But for teams such as Red Bull Racing, the season had been amazing. For others like Mercedes, everything had fallen apart.

Lyla Andre-Accardi had never felt as much anticipation as she had in the moments leading up to the final lap of the race. People were secretly backing one of two drivers:

Max Verstappen or Lewis Hamilton?

Down the last lap of the race, everyone in every single garage had been sat on the edge of their seats even though it wasn't one of their drivers fighting the battle for the championship win. 5 drivers had DNF'ed, one of which caused the most intense one lap sprint for the race win and in result, the world championship as well.

And Max Verstappen had come out on top.

"What's on your mind, soleil?"

"Everything."

"You want to talk about it?"

Lyla propped herself up on her elbow as Charles Leclerc's eyes met hers and he nodded his head in response to his girlfriends question.

For Scuderia Ferrari in particular, the season had been tough.

Out of 22 races, they had only achieved 5 podiums, 1 win and an high amount of DNF's. The pressure had been amounting on the team for years now to win a championship and every year the pressure only built and the possibility of that happening got further and further out of reach.

Ferrari was Formula One's most prestigious team, the team with the biggest history in the sport, the one that every Formula One driver wants to drive for at some point and the team that has one of the biggest and most supportive fan bases in the world.

But they haven't managed to win a world championship since Kimi Raikkonen in 2007.

What does that say to everyone?

In 2021, everything had been a struggle. The car was a car that could only just fight with the top of the midfield, they had suffered with the loss of their team principal halfway through the season and everything that had been going on had just been blamed on the two drivers.

Ferrari was a team with a total of 15 drivers championships and 16 constructors championships.

Yet they had spent the last two tears fighting with the top end of the midfield instead of the top two teams.

26th November 2023 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix:

"IT IS REDEMPTION DAY FOR THE FERRARI TEAM! FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE KIMI RAIKKONEN BACK IN 2007 THE SCUDERIA ARE ON TOP!

AND FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HIS FORMULA ONE CAREER, CHARLES LECLERC IS CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!"