Part 65

"ESTEBAN OCON!" Lyla screams.

"IT WASN'T ME! IT WAS LANCE!" The Frenchmen shouts back.

"NO IT WASN'T!" Lance also shouts.

Lyla raises her eyebrows at the two drivers, standing with her hands on her hips in the middle of the paddock at the Hungaroring.

"It was obviously someone." She mutters.

"Not us." Esteban defends.

"We promise." Lance adds.

Lyla opened her mouth to respond before a shout echoed through the air causing Lance and Esteban's eyes to go wide before they turned to each other.

"GIVE ME MY PHONE BACK!" Mick shouts.

Lyla's expression turned from sour to amusement as she watched the Alpine driver and Aston Martin driver both spin on their heels and run further into the paddock. She then heard Mick curse both of their names in sone very loud German words before sprinting after them, leaving her in a trail of dust.

Lance and Esteban were on a phone stealing spree, and so far they had targeted Mick and Lyla.

If that wasn't proof that the Hungary Grand Prix was going to be chaos, I don't know what is.

Lyla ended up just sighing and deciding that she didn't really need her phone before she continued on her way through the paddock towards the McLaren motorhome. With it being close to race weekend, the teams were finally getting their shit together which meant that mechanics were rushing around the paddock with trolleys of wheels or front wings and engineers were running left right and centre talking with other engineers.

Then you had the drivers, who couldn't give a shit about what was happening to them because all they had to focus on was media and driving.

So they got to aimlessly wander about the paddock causing chaos (*cough* Esteban and Lance *cough*) until they were summoned by their teams for duties.

"You alright Lyla?" Zac asks with a laugh when he sees his younger engineer entering the motorhome.

"Esteban and Lance stole my phone." She replies, tying her hair back. "I don't think I'll be seeing it for a while."

Zac just laughed at how she didn't really care. Most people would be panicking over the fact they had lost their phone but Lyla wasn't one of those people, she was more concerned about making sure Lando and Daniel were race weekend ready.

So McLaren went though their usual meetings about the schedule of the weekend before releasing everyone to the wild. Mechanics went off to the garage with engineers, drivers disappeared with PR managers for media, Zac disappeared into his office.

Lyla was sat in the garage with Henry and another engineer named Isla when Lando and Daniel walked in.

You could hear the Aussie before you could spot him.

"LYLA!" Daniel smiles. "My favourite girl."

"Offended." Isla hums, a twinkle in her eyes.

"Sorry, I." Daniel wanders over. "You know I love you really."

"Yeah, I do." She grins childishly.

Lando fake gags, putting his arm around Lyla's shoulders as she laughed at the look Daniel gave his teammate whilst Isla just shook her head.

"So," Henry smirks. "Whose on music duty?"

Lyla's garage playlist was the best. It was agreed by everyone that her songs were always the best which meant she was usually on music duty in the garage during race weekends.