Part 49

The paddock for the Azerbaijan Grand Prix was packed with people.

Whether it was drivers, team principals, PR managers, media teams, Netflix cameras, fans, WAG's or team employees. Everyone was doing something around and getting angry at the people who got in their way.

Tensions were building within some teams.

Ferrari had their team principal, Mattia Binotto leaving after this race and they were to have their deputy team principal take over until a replacement was found which was putting the team underneath more pressure than usual. McLaren had four different engineers leaving between this race and France and only had two positions filled so far. Alpha Tauri had their drivers contracts under pressure because they hadn't had the chance yet to start negotiating terms.

Every team had something happening.

Mercedes had their team principal playing practical jokes on his drivers. Aston Martin had a rouge Lance Stroll running around the paddock. Haas had a driver who was disliked by all and another who looked creepily like his father when he got annoyed.

Lyla had walked into the paddock that morning with Charles and Carlos, then immediately snatched from in between them by Mick and Lance. She was running around the paddock creating chaos with the German and Canadian right up until lunchtime where she was handed to Max and Checo who then delivered her to Arden and Pierre. To top it all off, Lando and Daniel came running into the Alpha Tauri garage and snatched Lyla from her brother.

She was then hauled up into Daniel's shoulder before the Australian driver paraded into the garage.

Causing laughter to erupt from everyone at the scene - Lyla looking like she'd been thrown like a rag doll over Daniel's shoulder, the Aussie walking proudly around the garage with her on his shoulder and Lando jumping up and down behind them.

Free practices were usually pretty chilled out because no one was really racing anyone. There was music in each garage, the mechanics and engineers would be having a blast in between the cars coming in and being out on track. Lyla got to witness this first hand in the McLaren garage, sat next to Graham - the man she was taking over for - she managed to prove to everyone that the garage would be left in safe and capable hands.

"Look at you in your little element." Lando grins.

"Ah, she's all focussed." Daniel teases.

Lando places his hands on Lyla's shoulders causing her to look away from the screen before her and actually acknowledge his existence despite the fact she didn't want to. The Brit held a wide grin as Daniel walked over and leant against the table next to her, asking all these questions and then asking another before Lyla could get in an answer.

"Maybe we should take a picture of you for Charles and Carlos." Daniel smirks.

"Why?" Lyla asks with a laugh.

"Well, Charles would want to see how beautiful you look whilst your working and it would annoy Carlos that your wearing a Lando McLaren cap right now."

At his words, Lyla snatches the cap from her head.

"Ashamed to be caught wearing your own team's merchandise." Lando shakes his head.

"What will you do when you have the spend the weekend in McLaren clothes?" Daniel adds.

"Hide in corners away from cameras." She grins.

"New rule," Daniel turns to Lando who was already nodding his head. "Make sure that Lyla gets in front of cameras."

"You got it." Lando salutes.

Lyla was left laughing as Lando places the McLaren cap with the number 4 embroidered into it back onto her head whilst Daniel pointed out the camera in the pit lane which had turned into the garage at that moment. Lyla's cheeks flushed red as Daniel and Lando caught the cameraman's attention and forced her hands away from her face when she tried to hide.