Part 67

Free practice and Qualifying went well for McLaren leaving the whole team in good spirits as they disembarked from the circuit on the Saturday night.

The media had calmed down slightly around Lyla - with multiple drivers, Zac, Toto and even Christian Horner making a comment about what had happened on the Friday morning. Lyla still preferred to have someone or multiple people with her when she went around the paddock and everyone was very willing to do so to make sure that she felt safe. There was the odd media team that felt like they had the rights to continue to shove their cameras and microphones into Lyla's face, but they were often scared off by the looks the drivers with her gave them.

It was safe to say that the fans were going insane on Twitter about how the drivers were so protective of the blonde engineer.

Lyla was minding her own business in the McLaren garage with Isla and Henry when she felt a sudden wave of nausea hit her. She put her hand over her mouth, closing her eyes for a second and almost gagging at the acidic taste that entered her mouth causing Isla to glance at her.

"You alright?" The Brit asks, putting a hand on Lyla's shoulder.

"Mhm." Lyla hums, nodding her head.

"You've felt ill all morning." Henry comments. "What did you eat last night?"

"Salad." Lyla sighs, shaking her head. "Its probably a bug."

Isla wasn't convinced but Henry just shrugged and hummed in agreement before standing up and moving to talk to another engineer. Almost the minute he'd gotten up and wandered off, Lyla put her hand over her mouth again causing Isla to sigh. Although the red head panicked when the colour drained from Lyla's face and she was quick to pull the blonde from her chair and rush her into the toilets.

Lyla fell onto the toilet floor, body bent over the toilet seat, emptying more than her bodyweight into the bowl as Isla rubbed her back and held her ponytail out of the way. The British woman was shouting for one of the other mechanics to come to the door and eventually got a response from Henry, who was rather hesitant to open his eyes because it was the ladies toilet.

"Now is not the time to be respectful, Millard!" Isla snaps.

"Woah." Henry plasters his eyes open, seeing the state of the blonde on the floor. "She doesn't look good."

"No shit." Isla grumbles. "Go and get Lando, or Daniel."

"Their in a meeting..."

"I DON'T CARE! JUST GET THEM!"

Henry hadn't even turned around when Lyla was back into throwing up into the toilet for the second time. She had lost almost all of her body strength. Leaving the two woman on the bathroom floor, Henry sprinted out of the garage and across the paddock into the McLaren motorhome, Lando and Daniel were in a meeting with Zac and they did not expect the engineer to burst into the room breathing heavily, doubling over and putting a hand up.

"Henry?" Zac raises an eyebrow.

"Its Lyla." Henry breathes out.

"What's Lyla?" Daniel was up and out of his chair, Lando following moments after him.

"She's not good." Henry mutters.

"Where is she?" Lando asks.

"Ladies toilets in the garage, Isla's with her."

Daniel and Lando shared a look before sprinting down the corridor and around the corner. They both very nearly tripped multiple times in the short journey across the paddock to the garage, not caring about the people they ignored or bumped into as they ducked into the McLaren garage, calling out the names of the two woman. Engineers and mechanics in the garage had all stopped at the sudden and rather rushed arrival of the two drivers, pointing them out to the toilets at the back of the garage.