Part 32

Being back in Monaco was like a breath of fresh air for Charles LeClerc.

Being able to take a breather from everything to do with racing and just enjoy his time around his friends and family.

That was how he found himself sat in the patio of his mothers house watching Lyla and Arthur mess around on the grass a few feet away. The gentle hum of music came from inside where his mother was cooking once again.

"THIS IS WHY YOU AREN'T MY FAVOURITE LYLA!" Arthur shouts, looking at the young woman.

"Who is your favourite then? Charles?" Lyla quirks an eyebrow.

"Yes!" Arthur says. "He got me into the Monaco Grand Prix."

"YOU DID WHAT!?" Lyla screams, turning to face her best friend a few feet away.

Charles couldn't help but laugh at the reaction of Lyla to finding out that Arthur LeClerc would be in the garage with her at the Monaco Grand Prix.

"He forced me!" Charles puts his hands up in defence. "I didn't want to!"

"Oh Mein Gott." Lyla mutters, shaking her head.

"Ever since you hit your head when Daniel fell over with you on the beach you keep speaking German." Charles comments, frowning in worry.

"You realise that half of the grid when I was younger was German right?" Lyla asks. "I did pick some phrases up, Charles."

"But why start saying them after you hit your head?"

"It just keeps coming out."

"Next time you all go to the beach I want to come." Arthur states.

"And let you meet Daniel and Lando?" Charles raises an eyebrow. "Absolutely not."

"Why?" The youngest Monegasque asks.

"Because you three together would turn into me, Kimi and Jenson situation." Lyla replies.

Arthur pouted, folding his arms across his chest before falling rather dramatically into one of the chairs. This caused both Lyla and Charles to raise an eyebrow at him which made Arthur look between them in confusion.

"What?" He asks innocently.

"Don't tell me your becoming one of those dramatic racing drivers." Charles looks at his brother.

"Oh like your not dramatic." Arthur sighs.

"I am not!" Charles gasps.

"Lyla," Arthur turns to the woman who hums. "Is Charles dramatic?"

"On a scale of Daniel Ricciardo to Alex Albon, he's closer to Daniel." Lyla states.

"WHAT THE HELL!?" Charles shouts.

"Point proven." Lyla gestures to him.

"This is coming from quite literally the most dramatic person I have ever met." Charles grumbles.

"He has you on that." Arthur mutters.

"I didn't say he was lying." Lyla shrugs. "I spent half my childhood with a bunch of overdramatic idiots."

"Are you talking about the drivers or other people?" Charles asks with a laugh.

"Mostly the drivers, but I'm going to be honest here. Jules and my dad were top of the dramaticness scale."

"Nothing will ever relate to the amount of dramatics Jules Bianchi held in his body."

"Yeah and annoyingly he passed them down to you as well."