Part 52

Pierre Gasly had only wanted to celebrate his podium with his teammate.

He had loved Arden Accardi as more than a friend ever since they had joined Formula One together in 2018. But for the sake of their friendship and the two friends they shared in Lyla and Charles he didn't make a move or make his feelings known. He had thought the feelings would fade and disappear eventually, but the longer he had pushed them down the stronger they had gotten.

Pierre had held his hopes up high for a while now, considering the fact that when they were away in Milan in between race weekends, Arden was all over him. When they got drunk in clubs with the grid they would have heavy make-out sessions in the darkened corners. But almost as soon as they were anywhere else other than Milan or a club, Arden acted like Pierre didn't even exist unless they were with Charles or Lyla.

It pained the Frenchmen deeply.

But he refused to acknowledge the fact that Arden was seemingly playing with his feelings.

Because he was getting what he'd wanted since 2017.

Pierre had jogged through the corridors of the hotel, smile still wide and sunshine still radiating from him. His hair and skin was still sticky with champagne but he wanted to see Arden first.

He needed to see Arden first.

They had spent the night before together so Pierre headed straight for Arden's hotel room. He knocked on the door and didn't have to wait long before the door had opened slightly.

Although his face dropped at the sight before him...

Arden Accardi stood shirtless in the small gap he'd made after opening he door, blissfully unaware that Pierre was able to see the other man sprawled out over his bed.

Every single happy emotion leaked from his body, he pursed his lips into a straight line making sure that tears didn't form in his eyes when he was in front of Arden. His hands knotted together in front of him and he dropped his gaze to look down as he picked at the skin around his fingernails.

All the while, Arden remained unaware and confused.

"Pierre?" The Italian speaks first, voice making Pierre shiver.

He hated how Arden's stupid accent still made him want to fold.

He wanted to slap himself.

"You alright?" Arden asks.

"Mhm, yeah." Pierre nods quickly, lifting his gaze to Arden's eyes.

"Okay..." Arden sighs.

The Italian steps away from the door, glancing anxiously over his shoulder to the confused man who lay in his bed. Arden just gulps before turning back to Pierre who was now backing away and walking down the hallway in silence.

Arden went to shut the door but paused when Pierre's accent echoed through the air.

"Congrats I guess."

Arden's entire body froze and he snapped his gaze from the floor to the Frenchmen. Pierre got all confirmation that he needed the minute he saw the guilt wash over Arden's face but he gulped down any emotion he was feeling and spun back around on his heels before continuing to walk away from the man he loved.

"Pierre, wait!" Arden begs.

He didn't wait.

Charles and Lyla sat in a comfortable silence in Charles' hotel room. Charles was recovering from the race by lying in between Lyla's legs half-asleep whilst Lyla scrolled absentmindedly through her phone with one hand and had the other tangled in the strands of Charles' hair.