Part 62

Waking up the next morning without the rude awakening of the Arthur alarm was refreshening.

Lyla woke up well before Charles was even thinking about getting up for the day. She had rolled away from him in the night and had her back facing him so when she rolled back over after waking up she was greeted with that lovely sight of a sleeping and completely peaceful Charles.

Pushing herself up, she grabbed some clothes and exited the bedroom, leaving Charles to sleep because she didn't want to wake him up. After showering and changing she herself a bowl of fruit and a smoothie, making breakfast for Charles whilst she was doing so which she then stored in the fridge for him. Lyla opened the balcony doors since the air was stuffy and retrieved her phone from her pocket before lying across the sofa and scrolling absentmindedly through the device.

She didn't know how long it was before Charles woke up but he trundled into the living room after a while, walking over to Lyla and kissing her lips before heading into the kitchen to retrieve his food from the fridge. When he sat down, Lyla had moved her legs to allow him to join her on the sofa but he picked them back up and placed them down on his lap.

"Got many plans today?" Lyla questions, placing her phone down.

"Andrea wants to do some training." He sighs.

"What kind?"

"Thinking of coming with me?"

"Possibly."

"You know the old hiking trail Jules used to take us on?" Charles asks.

"How could I forget." Lyla laughs, smiling at the memories. "Up there?"

"Mhm." Charles hums. "You want to come?"

"If I'm allowed." Lyla replies.

"Of course you'll be allowed." Charles replies, smiling at her.

They had a lazy morning until Andrea arrived and dragged them out of the apartment. Once again, the sun was shining down in Monaco and the three were talking happily as they made their way along the streets towards the infamous trail that they had been forced to climb with Jules Bianchi many times throughout their childhoods. Andrea had been teasing Lyla thinking that she wouldn't make it all the way up without struggling but was surprised to find she actually was quicker than himself and Charles combined.

"Hurry up you two!" She shouts, facing them from the top of the trail.

"Your insane!" Andrea shouts back.

"When did you become fit?" Charles questions.

"We've been climbing this trail for years, Charlie." She laughs.

The two did eventually join her, Andrea stood slightly back from the couple capturing some inconspicuous shots of them on his phone whilst they looked out over the view. Charles had his arm around Lyla's waist and she was leant into his side.

"You should drag me on training more often." She whispers, leaning her head against his arm.

"I think you'd be more of a distraction than helpful." Charles comments.

"Maybe." Lyla laughs.

Charles glances behind them and at Andrea who was to busy looking at his phone to get sickened by the PDA they were about to show. He then placed his hand on the side of Lyla's face, ducking his head down to kiss her as her hand moved to rest on the back of his neck. Lyla smiled as he pulled away, tugging him closer to her again to give him one more kiss.