Part 15

I once said before that every race day was always more chaotic than the last.

The same could be said for the weekend as a whole - well more the entire week leading up to the weekend and the days after as drivers and teams came down from their highs and settled into apartments in their country of birth, residence or just nearby to where their teams were based.

The same could be said for this race. Imola had been extremely chaotic but Portugal seemed to be living up to expectations...

Lyla walked into the paddock with Sebastian and Kimi this time. The Alfa Romeo driver had planted a Alfa Romeo cap on her head, smiling as he watched her remove the cap and hand it back to him only to have him place it back on top of her head almost immediately after. This caused Lyla to continuously turn to look up at him and pout as she sorted out her hair. Sebastian just watched the two with a shake of his head, standing to the left of Lyla who eventually turned to the Aston Martin driver and linked their arms.

"Lyla, just keep the cap on at this point." Sebastian laughs.

"And give him the satisfaction of winning?" Lyla gasps. "Sebastian! You should know better!"

"Don't you start full naming me!" Sebastian laughs, pointing at her.

"Kimi!" Lyla unlinks her arm from the Aston Martin drivers, jumping towards the Fin. "Help me!"

Kimi laughs, coming to a stop and enclosing a now giggling Lyla in his arms. The young woman stuck her tongue out at Sebastian who rolled his eyes, watching as his best friend once again placed the Alfa Romeo cap he'd been wearing on his adoptive daughters head only for Lyla to sigh and give in, adjusting it onto her head properly.

"HA!" Kimi states. "I win."

"Yeah, don't let it get to your head." Lyla sighs, shaking her head.

"What happened to not giving him the satisfaction of winning?" Sebastian raises an eyebrow.

"He protected me from you." Lyla shrugs. "I didn't want your Red Bull days to shine through."

"Alright, Lyla you know what-"

"Got to go!"

Kimi let Lyla escape from his arms and watched alongside Sebastian as the woman immediately darted away and down the paddock. Spotting the infamous duo of McLaren drivers and calling out their names which made Daniel and Lando both turn to face her and link their arms with hers when she slowed down. Once the trio had disappeared from sight, Sebastian turned to face his Finnish friend who had returned to his usual silent and emotionless self.

"Its good to see her acting like a child again." Sebastian sighs.

"It is." Kimi states, looking after where the woman had disappeared to. "Its funny to see her insulting you though."

"That's the many years of her life that she spent around Michael and has spent around you."

"You cannot blame me for that."

"I can and I have."

Kimi raises an eyebrow at his German friend who raises a challenging one back. Sebastian just let out a small chuckle and shook his head, continuing to walk down the paddock which caused Kimi to start following him.

"Don't lie," Sebastian continues. "She brings out the the emotions in you."

"She does." Kimi shrugs. "Why would I lie about that?"

"Because you have a tendency to claim that no one can change 'the iceman' and his ways."

"I have never once claimed that."