Part 30

Lyla sat on the bed in the apartment of Charles LeClerc, weighed down by the sleeping body of her best friend who had just broken down in her arms once again.

Her arms were enclosed around him, holding him tightly. The feeling of Lyla's arms encasing his body against hers was enough to provide him with the sense of comfort and home despite his sleeping state, fending off the nightmares that tended to plague his mind after one of his panic attacks or breakdowns.

She lent her head back against the headboard she was leaning her body against, sighing internally and closing her eyes. She let her mind travel back across the last few weeks, smiling at the some of the memories she could think of.

The most prominent one in her head was when a drunken Charles had planned his future with her and how a day later they had planned it out when both of them were sober.

Flashback

Lyla lay on her stomach on Charles' sofa, the Monegasque sat on the floor in front of her, leant back against the coffee table. The sun was streaming into the room making Lyla use her hand to shield her eyes whilst she looked through Instagram on her phone, the balcony doors open wide circulating fresh air in to replace the stuffy air that slowly started forming.

"Delilah," She hums in response to Charles saying her nickname, turning her head to face him.

"Charlie," She replies back, resting her chin on her hand.

"What colour would the nursery be?"

Lyla drifted off into her thoughts at his question, dropping her arm and putting her cheek on it as it lay on the arm of the sofa. Charles watched the woman with a soft smile playing on his lips, twisting his rings on his fingers as he waited for her reply.

"Depends," She finally speaks. "For a boy, white and green but for a girl white and pastel yellow."

He lets his head fall back, letting his gaze rest on the ceiling.

"Pierre would be godfather of Jules." Lyla continues. "Since Arden will be a blood-related uncle anyways. Lando the godfather of Talia."

"Godmother?" Charles questions, lifting his head again to look at her.

"No." She shakes her head. "They would both have two godfathers."

"We would move into a bigger apartment. One with three bedrooms for the four of us, there would be a study because you would've gotten a job as an engineer somewhere so you would need somewhere to work but I'd also have my simulator in there." Charles says with a smile.

"The dining room would have a cabinet for all your trophies and helmets. But the middle shelf would hold the helmet of your Jules." Lyla sighs. "Our Jules and Talia would learn all the stories about their uncle Jules - Big Jules."

"Our room would be decorated with everything Ferrari." Charles states with a grin.

"Ah, but what if I end up working for a rival one day?" Lyla asks with a cheeky grin.

"It would still be all Ferrari." Charles replies. "Jules and Talia will be Ferrari fans."

Lyla was silent, letting Charles spill his thoughts. She watched him with a slight blush on her face, finding him absolutely adorable as he spoke about what their future would look like, a glint in his eyes as he did so.

"The living room walls would be decorated with framed photos of us and our families - including the ones we've both lost. Jules and Talia would attend races with us until they were to old to do so because of school - one of them, or maybe even both of them, would get into karting and once I've retired I'll make my own karting company and they can both race for it.